Thread: Keyhole 6 Aug. 2011

Keyhole 6 Aug. 2011

I know Shane just posted a Keyhole trip report, and I know it's just Keyhole, but it's the first canyon I've led and it was the first canyon for everyone in the group but me. So here you go.

Took my dad, brothers, and brother-in-law through Keyhole. As it was their first experience with canyoneering and my first time being the only one who kind of knew what he was doing, I was a bit nervous, but everything went well. We went in the middle of the day and knew the water levels were pretty low, so we didn't use wetsuits. We got everyone in and out of the water pretty quickly to avoid any issues with the cold, but I think overall, it was such a hot day we were just glad to be out of the sun.

My second oldest brother was a real trooper, overcoming his fear of heights. He got a little nervous on the rappels and some of the down climbs. Sometimes I don't appreciate the fact that some of those smaller obstacles are a challenge for some people. But with some moral support he got through just fine.

Taking people that have never been makes you appreciate the novelty of what we do. I sometimes forget that most people have never been in a very narrow slot canyon. All in all, most of my family said it was among the most incredible experiences they've ever had, and that they'll look back on it in amazement. All that for Keyhole! I think my family now understands why I dump time and money into canyoneering.

Anyway, here are the pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Having some trouble with the pictures. Working on it.

I was looking through the pictures before reading the descriptions and I went "Is that a Hockey Helmet?!?!" Very nice

Hey, hockey helmet is better than no helmet. Didn't exactly have a budget to get more than just the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Holden View Post
    I was looking through the pictures before reading the descriptions and I went "Is that a Hockey Helmet?!?!" Very nice
    Hockey helmets + bike helmets + hard hats = Awesome!
    - Gavin