Thread: A little love from my sweatheart

A little love from my sweatheart

Went up to Silver Lake Flat this evening. Fishing was pretty good with many a rainbow wanting to get a closer look at me. I dont know where all the brookies went.

I also pulled out the biggest Rainbow I have ever caught up there. A 16" dog. This thing fought very good for a Rainbow and had spent some time there and it looked like it had been pretty hard time. He was missing a fin, his dorsal fin was 1/2 gone, and he had a claw mark just behind his head. So I thought he looked tasty and I just got done eating 1/2 of him. He was FAT!!!!

Anyways, it was great to have the place to myself after dark and so I just stayed there till I got tired. Made it home in 27 minutes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EyCXJTjMFE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Uhhh did you watch this before you put it up? The beginning is great, but the end really sucks. I would say cut the video at 50 seconds and discard the rest.

Edit: Please don't take this as discouragement though. Keep the threads coming, just not so dark next time.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I just made the crappy little video with the IPOD. Sorry you stuck it out!!!! In low light, the IPOD does not do soo well!

Glad you got out. If you want brookies, try using marabou jigs.

That's the best way to weed them out in places with a lot of rainbows.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Went up again tonight and landed a descent brookie and a bunch of baby rainbows. Caught the Brookie on a #3 blue fox red spinner. I dont know what the fish were doing, but they were jumping for joy! The water was always splashing with fish jumping. Some made it almost all the way out of the water. So I tried a few flies 5' behind a bobber and had no luck. Also tried a grass hopper fly, and no one seemed to care. Was frustrating to see that it was chuckorama night at the surface, and not being able to match what they were feasting on.

Also on the jig, how do you fish it setup wise, and how deep?

Just tie it on with light line, throw it out, and watch your line movement while it sinks.

You'll be able to see your line being pulled away from you (on the surface) while it drops. Any sudden changes in this is a bite, as most will bite on the drop or right after it hits the bottom.

When the line goes slack, it's either the bottom or a fish. Jerk back with your rod to lift the jig off the bottom, or set the hook if that's the case. Reel in some slack and watch your line again until it goes slack again.

Repeat until retrieved, cast again, etc.

Marabou jigs are brookie magnets. They look like leeches and the brookies will usually take those more readily than most other offerings. Other fish will too, but it'll get the brookies faster than using a spinner in most cases.

But that's for still water. In creeks, brookies will eat a spinner like anything else, as they're forced to be more opportunistic with the current constantly washing their food away.

Best colors are black, brown, olive, and ginger, with combinations of those (ie: brown head, ginger body, brown tail).
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Thanks Loah, will give it a shot.

Those Maribou Jigs have been awesome for me in the Uinta lakes. The technique takes a bit of getting used to but once you get it down it's awesome. Even when nothing else was working last weekend I was rocking it with the jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    Sorry you suck
    Don't apologize, Deathy does suck

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    I would have liked to come with you, but my parole officer said I can only go 20 miles from the house. So I'll just stick to posting inappropriate stuff here on Bogley, you go ahead and have fun w/o me.

Sure, whatever.....

I'd still go, what are the chances