Thread: Catheirne Pass to Lake Catherine- Little Cottonwood Canyon- Aug 2011

Catheirne Pass to Lake Catherine- Little Cottonwood Canyon- Aug 2011

The Albion Basin road finally opened for the year, so I headed up to Catherine Pass to head to Lake Catherine on Tuesday. It was a sunny day, very few clouds and the temps were awesome. The wildflowers were everywhere! After reaching the pass, I headed down to the lake, and caught a couple of small brookies. After fishing and some pics, It was time to leave, and made a good push back to the pass. It was a great day up there, and it reminds me that some of the best adventures are right here in the Wasatch which is my backyard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I like that area.

Nice! The flowers are looking great up there.

Thanks everyone. Things are for sure blooming late, but that means they will stick around until the first freeze. Flowers were exploding up there.

Devils Castle is looking good for sometime this week

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Devils Castle is looking good for sometime this week
    There's a fair bit of snow along the base, and, on the east aspect (where I normally descend after a traverse). Fresh ski track there back on 8 August.

Great hike! I try to do Catherine's a couple times a summer. On the 8th, did Catherine's to Sunset, down to Point Supreme, and, down to Albion Basic through the cabins/campground. Great loop. I think I hit/crossed snow at least three times. Crazy.

Yep, flowers startin' to pop up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    There's a fair bit of snow along the base, and, on the east aspect (where I normally descend after a traverse). Fresh ski track there back on 8 August.

Great hike! I try to do Catherine's a couple times a summer. On the 8th, did Catherine's to Sunset, down to Point Supreme, and, down to Albion Basic through the cabins/campground. Great loop. I think I hit/crossed snow at least three times. Crazy.

Yep, flowers startin' to pop up there!
    Yeah, I try to make it a few times up to Catherine Pass during the season. I usually have a trip up there in before Aug, but with all the snow this year, everything seems to be about a month behind.

There was a huge pile of snow still sitting in the gap between East Castle and Devils Castle. I saw turns in dirty snow in there on the way up in this report. Main Chute on Baldy was still full. I think some of that will still be up there when the snow flies in the fall. Crazy!