Thread: Man missing on Uinta Highline Trail

Man missing on Uinta Highline Trail

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16736796

Duchesne County Sheriff's Office looking for missing hiker
    August 9th, 2011 @ 2:40pm
    By ksl.com
    DUCHESNE COUNTY -- The Duchesne County Sheriff's Office has issued a missing person advisory for an Australian man hiking in Utah.

The sheriff's office says 64-year-old Eric Robinson was supposed to be on a long hike from Chepita Trail Head to Mirror Lake by way of the High Line Trail Head.

Robinson left for the hike July 28 and was supposed to be picked up on August 7 in the afternoon, but he has not been seen.

If you have any information please contact the Duchesne County Sheriff's Office at 435-738-2424.

Stay tuned to ksl.com, KSL NewsRadio 102.7FM/1160AM and KSL TV for the latest updates.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A friend of the missing man left a comment on my website last night trying to get the word out to people who spend time up there.

Beth Parry says:
    August 13, 2011 at 1:47 am
    Hi there,

This is kind of a long shot, but I’ve searching blogs for recent hikes in Utah in the area you have been in, please read this and forward it on to any friends you have who may have seen my Uncle Eric, any snippet of information may be vital to the search. This is absolutely not spam and you may have even heard about him in your local news and been in touch already.
    ‘Missing Hiker on Highline Trail, Uintas, Utah
    My good friend, 63 year old Eric Robinson from Australia, set off to thru hike the Highline Trail 7.28.11. He was scheduled to finish Sunday 8.7.11. He is now 2 days overdue. No word has been heard from him or of him. Please Call Sherriff Mitchell at 435.738.2015 or Julia Geisler 415.695.4502 if you are available for the next few days to join the search or have any info.’
    Thanks,

Beth Parry.
    http://backcountrypost.com/?p=1026#comments

Man, that sucks. I Just got back from island lake and crystal lake area.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another comment on my website about Eric.

julia geisler says: August 14, 2011 at 11:52 am
    Calling Volunteers! Missing Hiker on Highline Trail, Uintas, Utah
    My good friend, 63 year old Eric Robinson from Australia, set off to thru hike the Highline Trail 7.28.11. He was scheduled to finish Sunday 8.7.11. He is now 7 days overdue. Please Call Sherriff Mitchell at 435.738.2015 or Julia Geisler 415.695.4502 if you are available for the next few days to join the search or have any info. Especially if you hiked the trail and talked or met Eric.

We looked for him on the western portion of the trail, but we obviously didn't see him. :(

Search called off. Seen on KSL but i cant post links yet.

Have they released details of his trip?

His last known location was in the forest below Bluebell Pass (west side) on August 2nd. The scout troop he ran into told him he was way off course and they pointed him back towards the Highline Trail, 4 miles north. That's the last anyone saw of him. Late last week they flew his wife and daughter into the upper Lakefork drainage where they erected a memorial for him near Red Knob Pass.