Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHOTO CONTEST: Win an Imlay Canyoneering Backpack from Bogley

PHOTO CONTEST: Win an Imlay Canyoneering Backpack from Bogley

Congratulations to Josh Gibney on winning the GPS SPOT Tracker last month.

This month's contest is simple, on the Bogley Facebook Fanpage again:

http://www.facebook.com/BogleyOutdoorCommunity

1. Like the fanpage if you haven't already.
    2. Upload one of YOUR photos to the Bogley fanpage wall (preferably an Outdoor related photo). Only one photo per participant.
    3. Invite your friends to Like the fanpage and then Like your photo.
    4. The photo with the most Likes wins the contest.
    5. Likes from only CURRENT fans of the page will be counted.
    6. The winner of last month's contest cannot participate in this month's contest (sorry Josh) but will be able to join again in the next.
    7. The contest closes August 31st at midnight, Mountain Standard Time.

The LIKES do not need to be from YOUR friends only, just from fans of the bogley facebook page.

Now on to the prize.

2011 Imlay Spry Hybrid Pack Combining the best properties of Cordura and 'Vinyl' packs, Hybrid Packs from Imlay are sophisticated, comfortable and feature-rich, plus are canyon-durable and drain well.

Name:  spry pack..jpg
Views: 2788
Size:  153.4 KB

The Spry is a nice size (28L) for quick day jaunts. Tough PVC-laminate armor on the outside, the bottom, the sides and the back makes it canyon-resistant; an expanding back pocket has enough space for a helmet; the side-winder handle works great in the narrow stuff; and put in a plastic framesheet has enough support for carrying loads without twitching out the back. It features an Insta-Drain design that lets water drain from the pack quickly when exiting a pothole.

Weight: 3 lb 13 oz (1725 g)
    Volume: 28 Liters

Regular Price - $149.95

For more product info: http://canyoneeringusa.com/shop/prod...2&cat=0&page=1

Good luck!

Here are a few tips on how to maximize your LIKES, by either SHARING your photo, and/or Tagging your friends.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Giddy up.
    Oh yes. I got this one.
    Keep pulling up stakes. Friend me on facebook.

"Since the ultimate goal of transport technology is the annihilation of space, the compression of all Being into one pure point, it follows that six-packs help." Edward Abbey, Monkey Wrench Gang

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Too bad your contest's only involve facebook members and not forum members...............

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Too bad your contest's only involve facebook members and not forum members...............
    The majority of the Bogley fans (members) on Facebook are already registered members on Bogley. The new fans that we gain from these contests through other members Facebook friend lists are joining as new members on Bogley. These contests have been great in helping Bogley grow and getting participation from new blood. Here are a few reasons why its smart to market your product on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics

I do have some ideas for contests that could be run exclusively on Bogley. We should get a thread going to solicit feedback for the next contest.

Yeah, we'll definitely keep switching up the contest concepts from month to month. Facebook is a great way to grab more members with the same skills and outdoor knowledge. And we do realize that we need to reward the actual postings of Trip Reports here on bogley too, it's the bread and butter.

Thanks for the feedback. We've got something in store next month exclusively here on the forum.

Blog Entries
    Btw, for this contest I hope you guys realize that one can upload a pic to the page, and then post a linkback to their personal Facebook site and that people can like the photo even though they didn't like the Bogley Page?! That's cheating I would think.

So do you know or tell if each "like" also liked the Bogley fanpage?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post

So do you know or tell if each "like" also liked the Bogley fanpage?
    Yeah, you can compare the list of people who liked the photo side by side with the fans of the page. Thanks for the heads up though.

If you guys have feedback for next months contest, please post it here: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...751#post466751

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post

^^^^X2!!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^^X2!!!

Tom's Imlay pack is the hot item to have on Facebook! Great choice of item to give away. :-)
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Tom's Imlay pack is the hot item to have on Facebook! Great choice of item to give away. :-)
    Yeah really. This contest is surpassing last months in popularity and success in the first week!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Heck, just join facebook for the sole purpose of uploading a photo to the bogley page just to join the contest..... forget all the other crap.

Takes @ 37 seconds to create an account, @ 1 second to Like the bogley page, and @ 5 seconds to upload the photo depending on the size and internet speed.

.....if the prize is worth all that.

So, I've been looking for a good photo to post, but somehow I don't think my strategy for last month's contest will work this month:

Blog | FB

It's interesting, it's usually not the coolest photo that wins these things, it's all in the sharing with friends and campaigning for Likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    So, I've been looking for a good photo to post, but somehow I don't think my strategy for last month's contest will work this month:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Hi Bogley friends! I am in second place to win the sweet Imlay Canyoneering bag. Hook a sister up and go like my photo! This means I can get back to Zion quicker and do more canyons. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Hi Bogley friends! I am in second place to win the sweet Imlay Canyoneering bag. Hook a sister up and go like my photo! This means I can get back to Zion quicker and do more canyons. Thanks again!

WHOA!!! I thought this contest was pretty much over, but Alison is closing in on that lead. Nice work, girl.

Good luck to everybody, it ain't over