Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mountain House Freeze Dried Food

I always eat dehydrated meals on backpack trips. Way better taste without the cost. However, I've gotten into the MH eggs with bacon lately because of the protein. You need to add a little cheese, pepper and hot sauce to it and they're fine. That with oatmeal for breakfast and you're good to go until at least noon. They're cheaper at Walmart.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I like the Spaghetti, Chili Mac, Lasagna, Chicken and Noodles, Mac and Cheese, and Pasta Primavera. Been meaning to try the seafood chowder.
    But I'm going to stir the pot, so to speak, because I also really like a couple Backpacker's Pantry meals; Pad Thai Veggie,
    Chicken Vindaloo, and Katmandu Curry.
    Any chance Mountain House is working on something a little more eastern?

Hi Don,

We are always working on new meals and I'll be sure to pass along your suggestion on new flavors. Thanks!

4. Likes Don liked this post
    I am in love with the Spaghetti, my fave used to be chili mac but I think they changed the recipe a year or two ago and now not so much. I do like the pasta primavera (but pick out all the pepper and squash). Now since I only eat half of a package I repack 1 package into 2-1 pint freezer bags, they don't melt when the boiling water is poured in and then I just wrap it up in my fleece or whatever; I do not bring a cozy or anything.

Good to see you listen and care about your customers Mountain House person!
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=franklin gothic medium]"Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L

Oh Mountain House, any discounts for scouts/ youth groups who are packing in to a remote area to canyoneer? I could see us needing 30 or 40 meals potentially.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I am in love with the Spaghetti, my fave used to be chili mac but I think they changed the recipe a year or two ago and now not so much. I do like the pasta primavera (but pick out all the pepper and squash). Now since I only eat half of a package I repack 1 package into 2-1 pint freezer bags, they don't melt when the boiling water is poured in and then I just wrap it up in my fleece or whatever; I do not bring a cozy or anything.

Good to see you listen and care about your customers Mountain House person!
    Thanks for the kind words. Happy to talk to our fans any time!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockguy View Post
    My favorite is the blueberry granola and the chili mac. The chili mac is best when you add some Fritos and some hot sauce to it.

I have been getting into freezer bag cooking, where you prepare meals yourself and put them in freezer bags and add water as you would for the MH. This is cheaper and doesn't have so much freaking sodium.
    Thanks for your concern. Mountain House wants to help you live a long, healthy and adventurous life. Our new freeze-dried meals have less than 300mg of sodium & we think you

Visitors found this page by searching for:

mountain house freeze dried food

mountain house camping food walmart