Thread: Paiute Trail

Paiute Trail

My 10 year old son and I just got back from a quick day and a half ride down south. We almost really screwed up. We had planned on unloading in Beaver and riding over to Big Rock Candy Mtn. to spend the night. We got a late start out of town and I decided to just drive to Candy Mtn. and ride around that area thursday afternoon. We rode up 74 to the top and then headed over to 2 to buzz up to the top before dark. Made the turn to go to the top and the GATE WAS CLOSED. Headed down to Marysvale and found out the road is still covered in snow and there has been a big rock slide. Man we would of been screwed. Would of had to turn back and go all the way back to Beaver. they do not think it is going to open this year. They are really sweating the big UTV rally is in a couple of weeks at Marysvale. With that section closed it really hinders where people can go. Today we headed up out of Junction in the truck and then unloaded and rode 1 to 88 to 1 which got us back to the truck. That is a sweet loop. My 10 year old loved it. It is time for him to move up from his 110. He has about destroyed that poor thing. Forgot I had a previous engagement tomorrow so we had to bail and head home. Here is a picture I took while we were taking a break.
    Has anyone tried starting in Circleville and riding to Beaver and then on to Candy Mtn. to spend the night and getting up the next day and going East around and back to Circleville. Seems like that would be a sweet 2 day jaunt. My son and I were just taking shorts and flip flops in our packs to spend the night at Candy Mtn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds like a good time. Glad you made it out with no problems and didn't get hosed with the gate, snow, and rockslide. I'll have to take a look at the map and see exactly where you're talking about. Thanks for the TR and recent trail info.

Stayed in Marysvale 8/5/11 to 8/10/11 and found the gate still closed. What a bummer. As for doing the loop from Candy Mt to Circleville and back...We did that last year on our ATV's. Basicly took trail 01 with a couple off trails for fun. It did take all day and we needed gas in Cirleville but it was way worth it. I think it was about 110 miles.