Thread: Tame tubing, Provo River this Sunday, followed by BBQ

How did I get in this box dentedvw's Avatar

Tame tubing, Provo River this Sunday, followed by BBQ

I am trying to put together a last minute group to tube on the Provo this Sunday, because my wife is flying into town for an interview, and it's her birthday on Sunday.

Bridge to Vivian Park, then a BBQ at the park afterwards. I am providing most of the food, but bringing something wouldn't be a bad idea.

Here is the trouble: I don't really have many friends. She is hoping to meet my friends, of which I have virtually none, because I have been working like a madman, trying to make up for the six months of unemployment in Michigan. 18 hour days have been normal lately. My wife would be thrilled to meet some new people, because she doesn't know anyone here either.

Figuring to meet at Vivian Park at 10:30 or so, shuttle up to the bridge area, launch at 11am-ish. If you don't have a tube, you can rent a tube at the rental place by Vivian Park, and we can all work out a shuttle situation somehow. Otherwise, Big 5 Sports is selling them for about $20. If you have a better hookup, post it.

I think Vivian Park is alcohol free, but I don't know for sure. Your call, I am not bringing anything but brats, or burgers and accoutrements, and some sodas and water. Maybe some cupcakes for her birthday.

We are climbing somewhere on Saturday too, if anyone climbs. We are in search of easy trad. Her birthday gifts are climbing guide books, she already knows because that's what she asked for.

I am Mike. She is Helene, white woman of the North.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement