Thread: Outdoor Photo Expo and Outdoor Retailer 2011, Day 1, Salt Lake City, Utah

Outdoor Photo Expo and Outdoor Retailer 2011, Day 1, Salt Lake City, Utah

I got a double whammy this year. I was invited to Outdoor Retailer, and was attending the inaugural Outdoor Photo Expo. The speakers at the Outdoor Photo Expo were awesome. Mark Fisher, Moose Patterson, ect. Really educational, and awesome to be able to talk to Nikon and many other photo companies about photography. It was a huge knowledge base get together, and I felt like today was really a lot of fun and very educational. I also had a pass to Outdoor Retailer. I popped over there for a couple of hours to browse around. Katadyn has a new filtration bottle called MyBottle which not only handles all your bacteria concerns, but also kills viruses too. Primus, which gave me a couple of these, has a new spice/salt and pepper shaker that is awesome, super light weight, and packs in three of your favorite spices. Gonna put that to use this weekend. Got new Merino socks from Darn Tough, and pancake mix from Vasque. Camelbak has a new built in steri-pen type light in a filter bottle that is coming out this year. So you don't need the pen, the light is built into the lid of the bottle-crazy! A ton of other swag from a bunch of other companies, and a party with free Sierra Nevada's and food for the masses. All in all it was great to see a lot of my friends in the industry, and all the new gear for next year. Back at it tomorrow, it is my Birthday, probably get loaded up with more stuff.
    Last edited by Dr. Nebz; 12-23-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: leaving

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet score! I also lucked into a pass to the OR show. Been trying to find a way in for years and finally this year I got in! I am volunteering for SPLORE on Sunday morning. Did a quick run through yesterday to get a feel for the layout. Got a cheap pair of chaco flip flops for the lady and a pair of socks for me. Some tasty beer as well, although couldn't stick around for the party. Headed back on Saturday to really see the show. Any other recommendations of booths to swing by? Any info on giveaways???? A gear whore like me felt like a kid in a candy store

Cool, I'm glad somebody made it to this

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimb3287 View Post
    Sweet score! I also lucked into a pass to the OR show. Been trying to find a way in for years and finally this year I got in! I am volunteering for SPLORE on Sunday morning. Did a quick run through yesterday to get a feel for the layout. Got a cheap pair of chaco flip flops for the lady and a pair of socks for me. Some tasty beer as well, although couldn't stick around for the party. Headed back on Saturday to really see the show. Any other recommendations of booths to swing by? Any info on giveaways???? A gear whore like me felt like a kid in a candy store
    You know, it seemed some places were flowing on the swag, and others, not so much. I only was there because of the Photo Expo for a couple of hours yesterday, and then hit the after party. I had like 15 beer tickets, I was every one's best friend.

I will give an update later today, just got out of the first conference this morning from the Photo Expo. Gonna head over after having my free Denny's B-Day Grand Slam.

I wont be there Sat and Sun, I have a trip to the Uintas planned for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    You know, it seemed some places were flowing on the swag, and others, not so much. I only was there because of the Photo Expo for a couple of hours yesterday, and then hit the after party. I had like 15 beer tickets, I was every one's best friend.

I will give an update later today, just got out of the first conference this morning from the Photo Expo. Gonna head over after having my free Denny's B-Day Grand Slam.

I wont be there Sat and Sun, I have a trip to the Uintas planned for this weekend.
    Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your Grand Slam.

Yeah, and I am sure the places giving out swag will be different day to day. We will see what Saturday and Sunday bring. Maybe with Sunday being the last day, they will want to off load stuff?!

Enjoy the Uintas! I am a bit jealous, although next weekend we head to Zion for a canyon or two and the following weekend we are backpacking in the Tetons!

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimb3287 View Post
    the following weekend we are backpacking in the Tetons!
    Can I ride in the cargo box on the roof for that Tetons trip? Jealous does not even begin to describe that one.

I've been going for years. Best deals are the last hour on Sunday before they wrap up. Lots of the stuff gets sold off cheap, or given away so they don't have to pay to ship it home. Picked up an inflatable kayak last year for 30 cents on the dollar. If there are things you are interested in just ask them if they sell it off before heading home. I find that a lot of them will even cut the deal on saturday, then you show up and pay on sunday.