Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 'ole Moto BogleyFest on the Paiute Trail-Sept 23-25

Damb acadacca Love the vid. I laffing my ass off only because I fond some info on the interdent and to a hole saw to my XRR and completely ****ed it up but////////// managed to back my spark arrestor back out about 2.5 in then rewelded without to much noise and very little jetting. Hey I'm happy and well, lets just say trying to keep them there tree hunggers happy.
    Please bring the un happy camper devise( decible meter) to the ole piute trail riders (bogley) in sept. 011 Just curious what mine might sound like from behind..............

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    You mean the one your riding now?
    I knew that was coming!! Being a noob isn't easy. Sit on this bowl of ice cream and tell me what flavor it is. Smart Ass!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Put a few more teeth on my ride last night. Should work a little better on the steeper trails.

Name:  284539_224785380559&.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  90.6 KB

Put a few more teeth on my ride last night. Should work a little better on the steeper trails.

Name:  284539_224785380559&.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  90.6 KB
    I've always run a 49 in the back. I thought that was normal? I've even considered going to a 50, but we do a lot of riding in steep, loose conditions where a smaller sprocket would kill me.

Looks like you're getting ready for the trip! I'm about to place $300 dollars in orders from Rocky, Ebay, and Bike Bandit to fix the transmission....depressing.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'll have 13/48 with this change. It was as low as I could go and keep the stock chain. I think it should be just about right. I also went with a steel sprocket...no bling for me.

I'll have 13/48 with this change. It was as low as I could go and keep the stock chain. I think it should be just about right. I also went with a steel sprocket...no bling for me.
    Definitely steel! I still don't understand why people insist on running an aluminum sprocket to save a few grams for trail riding. I've had my steel sprocket for over a year now and it still looks new.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Definitely steel! I still don't understand why people insist on running an aluminum sprocket to save a few grams for trail riding. I've had my steel sprocket for over a year now and it still looks new.
    I've had stock steel for 1 1/2 years going on 3k dirt miles. I can't imagine aluminum lasting as long. what the hell do i know, I'm still a noob.

Just found some maps of the area and had some questions. Trail #68, Is this going to be a down hill ride going into Beaver or a up hill ride after lunch and gas or am I just completely turned around?

Unlike some I only own one bike at it is a heavy MOFO, XR650R with a 6.3 acerbis tank.

Thank God it pulls in first gear very well. It is very tall and very hard to duck paddle with. Kick starting it is another story.

Am I a little nervous? HELL YEAH, Am I going to ride? HELL YEAH.

But I am hoping that #68 is on the way into Beaver all the same.

I'm stoked about this ride and I'm looking forward to the good times however they show themselves.

Sounds like a great adventure.

But don't worry. If I loop it,It will look like it is all under controll. haha.

Sounds like you might just have a crowd on this one nelsonccc. Sounds like 15-20 riders?
    But as the time gets closer it might just be 4-5.

So has anybody have any video of # 68 trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Just found some maps of the area and had some questions. Trail #68, Is this going to be a down hill ride going into Beaver or a up hill ride after lunch and gas or am I just completely turned around?

Unlike some I only own one bike at it is a heavy MOFO, XR650R with a 6.3 acerbis tank.

Thank God it pulls in first gear very well. It is very tall and very hard to duck paddle with. Kick starting it is another story.

Am I a little nervous? HELL YEAH, Am I going to ride? HELL YEAH.

But I am hoping that #68 is on the way into Beaver all the same.

I'm stoked about this ride and I'm looking forward to the good times however they show themselves.

Sounds like a great adventure.

But don't worry. If I loop it,It will look like it is all under controll. haha.

Sounds like you might just have a crowd on this one nelsonccc. Sounds like 15-20 riders?
    But as the time gets closer it might just be 4-5.

So has anybody have any video of # 68 trail?
    The 68 will be downhill going into Beaver (this is typically what we do)but we do this because we think this makes it harder. The switchbacks in there right after the summit are steep and loose! But you'll be fine just rolling in control downhill. NOW......the part you need to worry about is the 05 out of beaver. It looks like road but it's all 2track and there is a 2 mile stretch that is pretty hard with big rock steps and loose marbley type stuff. If you have a strong first gear you'll probably be fine. My struggle is always keeping the 2 stroke spooled up while going up hill in that area. The switchbacks out of circleville are also pretty hairy.....just saying.

The hardest section we'll do is on the loop into koosharem, on the 53. It is by far the hardest section and the area where we see the most wrecks. However if there are people who are uncomfortable with it we'll set up a bypass on the 01. No biggie.

The 2nd hardest section is on the Antimony trail into Antimony between the 01 and Antimony. Lots of rock, and some off camber, loose, steep, sections. I used to always stall out and/or tip over in that section.

FUN!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

So who's coming at this point? I should have 3 or 4 there.

Count me in.
    Looking forward to what sounds like a ride to remember.

Garbanzo and I are in and perhaps a couple other buddies.

I'll be there as well as a buddy or two. I'd be surprised if we didn't hear from Fourtycal as well.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I may have blown the top end on my Yami yesterday. Not sure as to how much damage yet, but I'll be getting it fixed (at any cost) prior to the ride. So much for owning a 4 stroke. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the valve train issues with the Hondas on the other post.

ouch Garbanzo.
    Them 4 thumpers are not cheap.
    But the bottom end is a real luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I may have blown the top end on my Yami yesterday. Not sure as to how much damage yet, but I'll be getting it fixed (at any cost) prior to the ride. So much for owning a 4 stroke. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the valve train issues with the Hondas on the other post.
    You'd better get it fixed! Just think, if it was a 2 stroke you'd be out 2 hours and $100 to fix. Easy.....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

OK
    What are we now about 4 weeks out?
    I have a neighbor that wants to go but I'm not sure if he is for real.
    But I did tell him it was an open invite.
    He just picked up a 2 smoker 250 Honda and seems to be very stoked about the riding area.
    I know I for one need lots of saddle time that is getting hard to come buy when it is 105* plus in the ol desert.
    5 am till 11am is not cutting it.
    120+ trails in the high country never = 80 in the morning rides in the heat At this altitude.

Late September: Is this when the golden Aspen start to pop? In the high country?

Your all going to laugh your asses off when you see some fool show up on a BRP with a super tanker gas tank and exclaims to all that it is all good and it is all about the ride.

But don't put my ass behind the 4 wheelers for safeties sake. Let her rip baby.................
    Let us rip it up.

You'd better get it fixed! Just think, if it was a 2 stroke you'd be out 2 hours and $100 to fix. Easy.....
    At this point, I can only agree. Low end grunt is expensive! Dropped it off yesterday and it looks like about a week to 10 days. Hey, that sounds familiar!!! Anyway, I plan on having it up and running in time. If not, I'll borrow a damn bike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    At this point, I can only agree. Low end grunt is expensive! Dropped it off yesterday and it looks like about a week to 10 days. Hey, that sounds familiar!!! Anyway, I plan on having it up and running in time. If not, I'll borrow a damn bike!!
    You can always borrow one of mine or Jarrod's.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

You can always borrow one of mine or Jarrod's.
    It's in the machine shop getting worked on. I should have it in a week. Just in time to get a few break-in rides before the big rides!!