Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 'ole Moto BogleyFest on the Paiute Trail-Sept 23-25

Big 'ole Moto BogleyFest on the Paiute Trail-Sept 23-25

We've been discussing this on another thread and it already looks like we'll have a few coming. We've got more than a month to make sure everyone knows about it and can clear their schedules now. The goal is to finally do a true Bogley Moto event on the Paiute. My group goes once a month in the summer and we've had a few Bogleyites come here and there but this time we're looking for a large turnout!

We'll do a Paiute Trail weekend. Typically we ride Friday, Saturday and return on to Vegas on Sunday but it's all open to discussion. We definitely will want two full days of riding whether it's fri and sat or sat & sun I don't really care.

I'm open to suggestions for routes if anyone has something in particular they want to hit but otherwise I'll just plan for a 110 mile loop into Beaver and a 140 mile loop into Koosharem. We can adjust the trail accordingly for varying levels of ability but I'm pretty sure all of you can handle it.

Typically we camp on BLM land sans toilets and water (there is a stream) south of Circleville but again I'm open to suggestions. The site we normally use will be crowded if we end up with more than 4-5 guys.

So post up, clear your schedule, and lets see how many can make it!

EDIT: Forgot to add that 4 wheelers are welcome too, especially if they are fast. They actually make it so I can rest more often!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Putting this on my calendar. Perhaps I'll come down on Thursday night.

Illll be there with a couple of buddies.

Great. My group will be 2-3 guys that have all been up there before.

Now we need to see if Garbonzo & Fourtycal will come. I'd love to see Garbonzo on some of that stuff up there!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Ok, now that I'm on the right thread, I'm IN. I'm good for either 2 days, preferably Friday-Saturday. Love the mountain riding! I just hope we do some technical sections. Can't wait!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I am confused thought I posted on here to see if my toy hauler trailer will fit where you usually camp? My buddies and I like nice comfortable beds. What about riding from town to town and renting some cheap rooms?

Is this a street legal thing only? Dual sport gas to gas station?
    I'm a XRR guy in the pricy-cess of making repairs to radiators and putting on a super tanker. Hey it's a good bike with may scratches, I mean brush marks
    I have know idea about the Paiute trail other than it has to be much cooler temps than the dez.
    Bike is dirt only right now but would love to hook up with Bogley riders for some trail riding,camping,beer drinking and all that may imply.
    Hey count me in and Happy to put faces and bikes to some names.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I am confused thought I posted on here to see if my toy hauler trailer will fit where you usually camp? My buddies and I like nice comfortable beds. What about riding from town to town and renting some cheap rooms?
    Where we normally camp is a smaller place but it has a stream and big trees. We can certainly camp anywhere and well adjust accordingly to accommodate everyone coming. Just up the road from where we usually camp is a campground.

I wouldn't riding from town to town to sleep. The towns are too close and I would hate to pack more stuff on my bike. We'll be in and out of the towns but only for gas.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Is this a street legal thing only? Dual sport gas to gas station?
    I'm a XRR guy in the pricy-cess of making repairs to radiators and putting on a super tanker. Hey it's a good bike with may scratches, I mean brush marks
    I have know idea about the Paiute trail other than it has to be much cooler temps than the dez.
    Bike is dirt only right now but would love to hook up with Bogley riders for some trail riding,camping,beer drinking and all that may imply.
    Hey count me in and Happy to put faces and bikes to some names.
    I'll be on a 2stroke yz250 that is not licensed. The trails are all dirt with only brief stints on pavement into the towns for gas.

Most of the time we'll be on atv two track. It's typically tight, twisty, and lots of fun.

I would suggest to everyone that is coming to get out and ride. The Paiute is hard and the 120+ mile days can be a killer if you haven't been riding. Especially if you start dropping your bike!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

If we home base out of Circleville what trails do you suggest we ride each day?

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    If we home base out of Circleville what trails do you suggest we ride each day?
    First Day we would do the 01 up to the top then the 88,67,&68 into beaver. This section of 45 miles is amazing. The we would do the 05 up out of beaver to the 01 by the reservoir. Then the 01 up to the summit, we typically don't go that far north but we're bound to have people who haven't been up there and it's got great views. Then we'll come back in the 26 &01 to circleville it'll be about 120 miles. One of the best loops in the system.

On the 2nd day well go east over the mtn to antimony (some extremely challenging stuff in there). Then we'll go north to ottercreek. And take the 72 up to the 01. Then 01 to 53, 33, and into koosharem. Then coming out of koosharem we'll do 01 to 89 to 01 to 02 down towards marysvale them well cut south and go back up to the 01 an into circleville. Should be about 140 miles.

That would be my suggestions but I'm open to ideas. We try to avoid dirt roads as much as possible and stick to trail.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

So these towns are ok with dirt machines riding in for gas?

They have specific roads designated for off road toys to get from the trail to the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    First Day we would do the 01 up to the top then the 88,67,&68 into beaver. This section of 45 miles is amazing. The we would do the 05 up out of beaver to the 01 by the reservoir. Then the 01 up to the summit, we typically don't go that far north but we're bound to have people who haven't been up there and it's got great views. Then we'll come back in the 26 &01 to circleville it'll be about 120 miles. One of the best loops in the system.

On the 2nd day well go east over the mtn to antimony (some extremely challenging stuff in there). Then we'll go north to ottercreek. And take the 72 up to the 01. Then 01 to 53, 33, and into koosharem. Then coming out of koosharem we'll do 01 to 89 to 01 to 02 down towards marysvale them well cut south and go back up to the 01 an into circleville. Should be about 140 miles.

That would be my suggestions but I'm open to ideas. We try to avoid dirt roads as much as possible and stick to trail.
    Sounds great to me.

So nelsonccc,
    Is there anything I might need a gps for or do we just ride by the seat of our tanks?:
    Creek crossings? I hope.
    some photo ops? I hope

Have any maps and standard weather temps up there for that time?
    I have seen some beautiful picts of your rides up that way and I am very stoked........
    Let me know when your come through ST. George, And I can just follow up to camp.
    Or if I can help in any way. Big grills, coolers or anything that might help... Just bring the good beer will ya.

I just uncorked my exhaust! Boy is it louder and seems to have added 20% more power and response.
    I also ordered a little larger sprocket for the back to keep me off the clutch on steep climbs and new rubber to put on before this trip. I'll be changing the oil this week and doing my first valve check on this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    So nelsonccc,
    Is there anything I might need a gps for or do we just ride by the seat of our tanks?:
    Creek crossings? I hope.
    some photo ops? I hope

Have any maps and standard weather temps up there for that time?
    I have seen some beautiful picts of your rides up that way and I am very stoked........
    Let me know when your come through ST. George, And I can just follow up to camp.
    Or if I can help in any way. Big grills, coolers or anything that might help... Just bring the good beer will ya.
    I can provide GPS tracks of the routes we'll take but it shouldn't be necessary. Just follow the guy in front of you. We always wait at the junctions for the next rider. When we went last month we had a ton of creek crossings. We'll still have a few in September but none that are too deep or sketchy. There are tons of chances to stop for pics. We're pretty laid back.

The weather is nice in September but it can get cold up top. I've been snowed on in August at the top and rained on more times than I can remember. We usually start out in normal riding gear but change to a jacket or sweatshirt if it gets too cold or wet.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I just uncorked my exhaust!
    I remember when I got my first bike.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    I remember when I got my first bike.
    You mean the one your riding now?

In response to post #17. Thank you just what I was a asking for. Tracks are cool and all but it is the experience that I am after.
    Very stoked and looking forward to it unless you all have a trip planned before this one you know like as well.

Hey ****it lets ride

by the way put me down for a case of the high octane beer and let me know if you need the money up front. Yes Utah sucks but cali blows and vegas ------well lets just say it gets a wee bit windy/vegas baby.....