Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanarra Creek

Kanarra Creek

We stopped by Kanarra Creek Sunday with some friends. I hadn't been to the place for 7 or 8 years so it was fun to visit again. The slot was better then I remembered. This was the wife and kids first visit. We also discovered a cool waterslide I missed the first time I was there. Enjoy the pictures. This is one of the best family slot canyons I know of. If you haven't already, put it on your to-do list.

Kanarra Creek Route Description

Name:  K3854..jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  K3843..jpg
Views: 1561
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  K3878..jpg
Views: 1841
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  K3863..jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  K3868..jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  K3886..jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  K3882..jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  K3894..jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  K3831..jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  K3889..jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  46.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

we went there a few weeks ago and the top 2 steps were missing off the top of the slippery log. it made it a little more sketchy. only thing i didn't like was there were 28 cars in the parking lot when we got back. probably close to 80 people in the canyon. we still had a great time. definitely worth the trip up. park downtown at the church and walk up a few blocks to avoid paying the $10 at the parking lot

There were 4 cars in the parking lot when we started and 4 diffenrent cars when we finished, but we only pased three groups of people so I have no clue where everyone was. We stopped at noon on Sunday and the canyon wasn't crowded. We had both slots all to our self while we were there.

Normally I hate paying fees, but this time I didn't mind since I could see what the money was going for. That nice new parking area, with toliets and picnic tables is all new. I considered my $10 well spent.

Name:  KK3895..jpg
Views: 20348
Size:  79.9 KB

Sure is a pretty canyon. Nice photos

I had a very sore tailbone for quite sometime due to that small water slide.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I had a very sore tailbone for quite sometime due to that small water slide.
    does not seem quite appropriate. How about

Tom

I was there on Friday morning. It's a nice place close by. I'm very happy to see Kanarra using the parking money to improve the parking lot.

Thanks for the TR and photos. Kanarra was too cold for my now eight year old daughter when I took her in the late afternoon a few years back, but my older kids LOVE it. I need to try a mid-day trip with the smaller ones.

And now the video from the canyon.

Definitely need to hit this on one of my Zion trips. Looks like a "fun for everybody" kind of a place.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerider View Post
    I was there on Friday morning. It's a nice place close by. I'm very happy to see Kanarra using the parking money to improve the parking lot.
    it's been a few years since i've been there. how have they improved the parking lot?

any one have photos?

I have a picture somewhere I'll try and post, but bottom-line they have an actual dedicated and maintained parking lot/trailhead with parking for 20 or 30 cars. The trailhead has restrooms (porttapotty's) and picnic tables. Looking over what they are doing I except they will have a permanent restroom in the near future.

This is a delightful hike. I'm helping to take a youth group there on Wednesday. I'll post pictures of the parking lot improvements when we get back.

i may be wrong, but i was told the parking lot is privately owned. not kanarraville

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    i may be wrong, but i was told the parking lot is privately owned. not kanarraville
    Nope it is Kanarravilles. We spoke to the town clerk one day about the parking situation.

that definitely changes my opinion on paying the fee. will do so next time. thx for the info

I loved the video! Thanks for sharing.

I loved the pictures too!