Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2011

Injuries are also big equalizers... last year Storm was near the top of the leaderboard until about the 3/4 mark when two of her top players went down with season ending injuries and she sunk like a rock in the standings.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And the Brady-Welker combo goes down! I knew it couldn't last. Now there are no undefeated teams in our league.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

BAAAAAM Thanks Alex smith...and of course I benched rothkesbutthole too

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

The 49ers look damn good. It's amazing what good coaching will do for a team.

The BYE weeks should start to shake things up a bunch.....

162 last week and 75 this week. 2-3 and in the top 3 in scoring...now a big bye week.

yeah... i clearly don't understand the nuances of FF. i give props to the guys who can figure the patterns and what not. i actually like my players, figure they are pretty decent. but i think i've only scored 100 points once this whole season, and unfortunately i've only been on the grid for one sunday this season, so i never get to see what's actually happening on the field. in other words, i suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My team sucks.... time to start tinkering with it a little more....
    My fantasy team went through a major rebuild two weeks ago... since then two wins and 160-something points last weekend.... life is good in my fantasy world at the moment.

Now if the BYES next week don't kill me.

I hear ya. I did a re-build after week 2 and have gone on a winning streak. Mostly I think it's because teams with high scores seem to score low while playing me! Lucky ME! Now I have major bye issues this week and next.....Will likely lose one or both of those weeks.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Looks like we have a couple managers asleep at the switch this week...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Looks like we have a couple managers asleep at the switch this week...
    Thank heavens or I would have lost.

Rex said his team was as best as he could get with who he had on a bye. Said that in order for him to fix it he would have had to make too many changes that he didnt want to make. So he took the loss. He should be back.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I dropped Colston and didn't bother picking him back up since he's bound to have come back too soon and will struggle for another couple of weeks. Especially since his replacements have done so well, so now I think he'll get even less prime time.
    i have so little to celebrate considering my record, but this is pure gold...

Hindsite is 20/20. I probably should have picked him back up earlier but I they said he was going to be out 6-8 weeks. Then he was coming back to the Giants, the titans, and vikings and a bye. SO.....I figured he was a lost cause. He has been hot the past couple of games but yesterdays game is a perfect example of why I dropped him. Too hit or miss for me, I'd rather have a guy that gets 10 points a week no matter what than a guy that gets 5 one week and 20 the next.

My loss is your gain. I'll trade ya Green-Ellis for Colston......It's a hell of a deal!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

ha. noone produced yesterday on the saints. they choked on some donkey balls. only reason moore had decent numbers is the last ditch drive after the game was already WAY over.... colston is the top WR on that team. thanks for dropping him.

you though are definitely the luckiest SOB in our league. how you have only lost 1 game is beyond me. you by far have the lowest points scored against you out of everyone. everyone seems to have a down week against you. crazy!

if it wasn't for you and that cheap-ass trade for aaron rodgers to start the season, you'd be worse off than me.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I'd rather have a guy that gets 10 points a week no matter what than a guy that gets 5 one week and 20 the next.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    you though are definitely the luckiest SOB in our league. how you have only lost 1 game is beyond me. you by far have the lowest points scored against you out of everyone. everyone seems to have a down week against you. crazy!
    It will pretty much even out by years end... it always does.

if it wasn't for you and that cheap-ass trade for aaron rodgers
    Rexy made the dumbest trade in the history of Bogley FF!!!

FWIW: Storm is looking for a RB. She has the number 3 and number 6 scoring QB's in the league as trade bait.

ha. noone produced yesterday on the saints. they choked on some donkey balls. only reason moore had decent numbers is the last ditch drive after the game was already WAY over.... colston is the top WR on that team. thanks for dropping him.

if it wasn't for you and that cheap-ass trade for aaron rodgers to start the season, you'd be worse off than me.
    Colston is all right but I already have two WR's better than Colston.

I'm with you on the lucky part. I seem to be able to squeak by each week. It's my crazy good management skills! I spend A LOT of time looking at matchups and waiver wire pick-ups. Seems to be working so far.

The Aaron Rodgers trade was legit! Rex came to me literally begging for a trade. He was convinced that Rodgers would start hot and then fail and he totally bought into the whole dream team eagles thing. I almost didn't make the trade after listening to him go on and on about how Vick was going to be so HOT down the stretch. Turns out he was wrong! Although last night Vick did begin to show what Rex was talking about.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

And the strippers fall from the top has begun.

Dropping like a rock.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And the strippers fall from the top has begun.

Dropping like a rock.....
    Nah. Just my main bye week. Almost all of my main guys on a bye. Bound to happen eventually, but the cream always rises!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

My players tried to give it away...bloody hell!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    My players tried to give it away...bloody hell!
    For Sure. For a minute there I thought I might actually pull this off! If Bowe had managed to catch some of those balls.....
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!