Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2011

Bogley Fantasy Football 2011

It's that time of year again. Who's in? We had 7 Bogley folks last year and 5 of my peeps. Let's see if we can get 12 teams from UUtah...er...Bogley!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Your defending league champion Ice is back in! I'm thinking dynasty.

Storm is also back in for 2011.

Send me the info when you are ready and we'll get signed up.....

Beaners are back, won't miss the draft this year and that should help me out a little bit. Going to have a name change, set it up I am ready!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'm in. Hopefully this year the draft won't serve me some douchebag that has been riding crutches all summer!

Let me know when you get it set up...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

if y'all want somebody to kick the shit out of, i'm your guy... might be fun, even though i have no idea what i'm doing.

I guess I'll be ready to get worked again....?

Thats 6 so far. I'll send out the invite.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm in. Hopefully this year the draft won't serve me some douchebag that has been riding crutches all summer!
    Lack of preparation on your part is no excuse.... It's your own dang fault dude.... you can set your draft order weather you draft live or let the computer do it for you.... you can move all injured players to your "do not draft list" before the big day.....

So we've got 8 so far. I know Rockgremlin and Accadacca still have to sign up but I've heard nothing from anyone else. So when those two sign up I'll cap the league at 10 teams. Sound good?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Set our draft to a reasonable date. Right now is set for Aug 29 which is waaaaaayyyyy too early. A week to 10 days before the season is about right. It should at least be set to AFTER the teams set their 45 player final rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Lack of preparation on your part is no excuse.... It's your own dang fault dude.... you can set your draft order weather you draft live or let the computer do it for you.... you can move all injured players to your "do not draft list" before the big day.....
    Not really. The very first year of Uutah fantasy football was my very first year playing fantasy football ever.....as you recall, I went on a tear and won two gold medals back to back, and silver the third year. I did all of this just based on Yahoo's default settings.

Last year I decided to get Krazy with it, and I monkeyed with the settings. - It resulted in me getting some douche who was on the injured reserve all summer, and Tom Brady, who promptly went down in his first game with a broken leg.

Moral of the story: Yahoo's default settings are pretty decent - just leave them alone.

This year I stayed with the "Black-Clad Utes" & I hope they don't get spanked as hard as the real Utes will in the Pac-12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Set our draft to a reasonable date. Right now is set for Aug 29 which is waaaaaayyyyy too early. A week to 10 days before the season is about right. It should at least be set to AFTER the teams set their 45 player final rosters.
    Our draft is set for August 28th at 7:00 pm, this is only 11 days before the first game. I thought it would be best to be on a sunday evening and Sept 4th only had early morning draft times available. I think we should leave it. Most teams will have their final rosters set on the 26th.

I'll move it if that's what everyone wants but it may end up being during the week and/or at a weird time. Thoughts?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

can we try to get 12 teams if possible?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

If there's any room, I'd be down!

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    can we try to get 12 teams if possible?
    If we can get 12. Look's like we have an eleventh but last year we tried to get 12 and ended up with teams that weren't being managed. Right now I know that all 10 teams are good managers and will play hard.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Would there be any interest in a Defense only league? I currently participate in a league that's just defense and it's pretty fun and in need of more teams.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Would there be any interest in a Defense only league? I currently participate in a league that's just defense and it's pretty fun and in need of more teams.
    Aside from the usual blocked punts, interceptions, fumble recoveries, etc, how do you score points?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Aside from the usual blocked punts, interceptions, fumble recoveries, etc, how do you score points?

It's all defense. So you have Line backers, safeties, corner backs, DL, DE, & DT, as well as a 2 generic D positions which are usually filled by LB's. Scoring is:

Roster Positions: D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB, DT, DT, DE, DE, S, S, CB, CB, BN, BN, BN, BN

Tackle Solo 4
    Tackle Assist 2
    Sack 6
    Interception 6
    Fumble Force 2
    Fumble Recovery 4
    Defensive Touchdown 6
    Safety 3
    Pass Defended 2
    Block Kick 4
    Then there are 1/2 points to the above points for each assist. So, for example, if the sack is done by two guys they each get 3. Or if a CB tips the ball and a safety picks it then its 3 points a piece.

Typically the LB's & safeties are the big point guys since they get so many tackles, but a DE who gets 3-4 sacks a game is even more valuable cause he'll also get tackle assist points on almost every run play. Same thing for an aggressive safety who gets alot of interceptions.

I just have had a lot of fun doing it the last couple of years, it's interesting and makes watching the D even funner.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Our draft is set for August 28th at 7:00 pm, this is only 11 days before the first game. I thought it would be best to be on a sunday evening
    OK... I'm good with that.