Thread: Fish Haven, ID to Soda Springs, ID via the Highline Trail

Fish Haven, ID to Soda Springs, ID via the Highline Trail

@Garbanzo and I left a little after 7 AM and returned around 7 PM for nearly a 12 hour ride and 160 miles on the dial. It was an epic ride and I am feeling it today. We started out by riding through a 4 foot deep river to access the trail. It was ON after that! The trail had all types of terrain from rocky single track to double track woods riding through the trees to boulder and log hopping. It was awesome!

It was 100 miles to Soda Springs and a lot of map reading. By then it was 5:30 PM so we took the highway back for a 50 mile cruise. Excellent ride and company!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You guys are hardcore. I am jealous of the country that you were able to explore.

Wish I could have made it. Looks like a blast! Envious! I would have brought the YZ but it's engine is currently laying on my garage floor! Waiting on a few tools to split the case and figure out what is wrong. I did find a few fairly large chunks of steel stuck to the drain plug....Yikes. Pretty sure one of the shifter forks or 3rd gear is broke.

On a side not it is a lot easier to redo a bottom end than I thought it would be. I'm having fun figuring it out.
    Name:  photo..jpg
Views: 729
Size:  65.7 KBName:  photo2..jpg
Views: 862
Size:  69.5 KB
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Wish I could have made it. Looks like a blast! Envious! I would have brought the YZ but it's engine is currently laying on my garage floor! Waiting on a few tools to split the case and figure out what is wrong. I did find a few fairly large chunks of steel stuck to the drain plug....Yikes. Pretty sure one of the shifter forks or 3rd gear is broke.

On a side not it is a lot easier to redo a bottom end than I thought it would be. I'm having fun figuring it out.
    Name:  photo..jpg
Views: 729
Size:  65.7 KBName:  photo2..jpg
Views: 862
Size:  69.5 KB
    EEEUUWWWW!! That looks like fun.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I am very depressed I could not make it. Looks like you guys had a great ride.