Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lessons learned and questions to be asked..

some great I learned. I'm gonna start looking into the tarp set up. I could save so much weight ditching my tent lol. W/out getting any new gear I bet I can still get my pack down to around 30lbs for a 3 day trip now which would be stellar.

Doss- that's a pretty boring food list but it sure looks easy and lets the focus be on the backpacking instead of the food. I want to try a trip like that now haha.
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gloo View Post
    some great I learned. I'm gonna start looking into the tarp set up. I could save so much weight ditching my tent lol. W/out getting any new gear I bet I can still get my pack down to around 30lbs for a 3 day trip now which would be stellar.

Doss- that's a pretty boring food list but it sure looks easy and lets the focus be on the backpacking instead of the food. I want to try a trip like that now haha.
    These guys make some killer tarp tents. Not cheap though.
    www.tarptent.com

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloo View Post

Yeah.. it is rather boring but I figure I have enough other things to focus on while I am out that I don't care... well not too much - by the end I am craving something much more fulfilling though... it also helps to supplement what you bring with things you can find or catch, I have eaten ground squirrel before

If you are going to do the Tarp thing this is a good thread with some good links contained in it that covers most of the aspects of the tarp http://practicalbackpacking.com/foru...ead.php?t=5323 --- (sorry I know you have to be a member to read all of it but it has good info).
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"