Thread: Tuesday Group Ride (07.26.11) - Corner Canyon/Clarks/Draper BST

Tuesday Group Ride (07.26.11) - Corner Canyon/Clarks/Draper BST

Meet at the Draper Pool at 6 PM and we'll carpool up to the top. Address: 657 East Vestry Road, Draper, UT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who is riding this week?

I will be there.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

I have to be in o-town this afternoon so I am going to ride in Ogden....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Yikes! I hope we don't get even a sliver of this. It is starting to get dark here...

http://forecast.weather.gov/hazards/slc

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING UTC035-049-262215- /O.NEW.KSLC.SV.W.0054.110726T2126Z-110726T2215Z/ BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SALT LAKE CITY UT 326 PM MDT TUE JUL 26 2011 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SALT LAKE CITY HAS ISSUED A * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... SOUTH CENTRAL SALT LAKE COUNTY IN UTAH NORTHWESTERN UTAH COUNTY IN UTAH * UNTIL 415 PM MDT * AT 324 PM MDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 8 MILES WEST OF SARATOGA SPRINGS...OR 17 MILES SOUTHWEST OF SANDY...MOVING EAST AT 10 MPH. * LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE... SARATOGA SPRINGS... BLUFFDALE... LEHI... HIGHLAND... AND AMERICAN FORK PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM. IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...PREPARE IMMEDIATELY FOR DAMAGING WINDS...DESTRUCTIVE HAIL...AND DEADLY CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING. PEOPLE OUTSIDE SHOULD MOVE TO A SHELTER... PREFERABLY INSIDE A STRONG BUILDING BUT AWAY FROM WINDOWS. THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. SEEK SHELTER IN A STURDY STRUCTURE UNTIL THE STORM HAS PASSED. INTENSE LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. IF OUTDOORS...STAY AWAY FROM ISOLATED HIGH OBJECTS SUCH AS TREES. MOVE INDOORS IF POSSIBLE. WHEN INDOORS...STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS AND DOORS AND AVOID USING TELEPHONES UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY. TRY TO UNPLUG UNNECESSARY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES BEFORE THE THUNDERSTORM APPROACHES. && LAT...LON 4054 11183 4034 11169 4025 11211 4042 11220 TIME...MOT...LOC 2126Z 248DEG 9KT 4037 11204 $$ TRAPHAGAN

What is the deal with Tuesdays lately. Bringing the thunder.

Should be a nice and cool ride.

Heavy rain here and more on the way... http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...01111&loop=yes

I am sitting on the fence. Maybe we should bail....looks nasty.

We should reschedule. I am okay with skipping out tonight though. I have seen enough lightening to scare me. I know it is a punk thing to do but we should hit the trail later this week.

Just to be clear. I am going to no show tonight. I am sceered of the lightening. I can go anytime this week though.

Yeah and do you remember last time we rode clarks in the rain? No thanks!

I'm out too. Nasty stuff out over the desert headed this way.

Man, should have came up to ogden with me, ended up riding 13 miles and climbing 2000 feet plus the rain never made it that far and it was in the high 70's. Only ran into three other people riding, one of them about got a Contador backfist to the face cause he scared the shit out of me coming up from behind and didn't say a word...LOL

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.