Thread: Rescue on Angels Landing 7-20-11 ?

Rescue on Angels Landing 7-20-11 ?

I was on the 5:45 shuttle yesterday for our Mystery canyon trip and the bus driver said Angels landing was closed due to a technical rescue? Anyon have any information about that.

On a side note Mystery was very dry until the springs. We were out by 2pm. We took our time.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by canyonguru View Post
    I was on the 5:45 shuttle yesterday for our Mystery canyon trip and the bus driver said Angels landing was closed due to a technical rescue? Anyon have any information about that.

On a side note Mystery was very dry until the springs. We were out by 2pm. We took our time.
    2 climbers doing N.E. Buttress route, but off route, both of whom took separate falls about 1/2 way up, sustained non-life threatening injuries, but serious nonetheless, and were stuck on a ledge with no way down. Were picked off from the ledge by a medic being lowered from the top on twin 1600' ropes and brought safely to the bottom.

Wow that is a long freakin rope Crazy!!!! Thanks Bo for the update.
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    2 climbers doing N.E. Buttress route, but off route, both of whom took separate falls about 1/2 way up, sustained non-life threatening injuries, but serious nonetheless, and were stuck on a ledge with no way down. Were picked off from the ledge by a medic being lowered from the top on twin 1600' ropes and brought safely to the bottom.
    Tough stuff. I'm glad someone else gets to do that. You're awesome, Bo (and other SAR team-members, and yes I know YOU did not do the rescue in this case - I'm saluting you for previous events).

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Tough stuff. I'm glad someone else gets to do that. You're awesome, Bo (and other SAR team-members, and yes I know YOU did not do the rescue in this case - I'm saluting you for previous events).

Tom
    My hats off to the very well organized actions of a team that trains for these eventualities. It's all about safety, and a lot can go wrong in 1600' of the vertical realm, whether from the ground up, or the top down.

What about the guy(s) that humped those ropes up there? Wow!!!!