Thread: Family trip to Brian Head. Need some input

Family trip to Brian Head. Need some input

I'm heading up to Brian Head with my family and my sister's family. None of us have ever been before. All together we have 4 little kids ages 4 to 7 going. I need some ideas for me and my bro-in-law (mtn biking trails) and for the family (places to see, hikes, or paved paths to ride on).

I'm going to ride Dark Hollow one day, and I thought I would sneek away early in the morning and do a trail or two at the Brian Head bike park. It looks like all these trails start at the top of Brian Head Peak Trail road, which I found on google maps. Anything else I should ride? It has to be something I can do in 2-3 hrs early in the morning. This is supposed to be a family trip.

For the family, I thought we'd go check out Cedar Breaks National Monument, and go hike up Kanarra Creek Canyon. This post shows a family with kids about the same age, so I think the kids will survive the hike. Any other places/trails I should go see with the family? Any bike paths or places I can ride around with little kids?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    for hikes near Cedar Breaks check out my friends page. @tanya they are also regular posters here
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/cedar-breaks.htm

Their is a biking/hiking trail that goes around Navajo lake. This could also be a place to take the kids & family and sneak in a few rides. Also biking/hiking over by Navajo Lake is the Virgin Rim trail. It's about 33 miles one way but can be ridden in smaller sections.

I'd also recommend blowhard for biking but you'll need a shuttle and it's all downhill. full suspension highly recommended. downhill bike even funner on that trail.

There are a few bike/hike trails that come off or near BH peak. Marathon has some single track but has long stretches of dirt road. I actually loved to trail run it. Also one that goes by the scout camp.

I've taken my little kids (4, 7 and 8 at the time) up Kanaracreek up to the second ladder and they have loved it, but were pretty cold on the way back... teeth chattering... but they loved it. I think we did it this time of year.

I agree with trackrunner about the Virgin Rim trail ride. I like the top section from Strawberry Point for a quick downhill ride.

Have fun.
    --
    Matthew

"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously reexamine your life."

Bogley BigShot
    They charge to park at Kanarra Creek now. I need to update the website! Welcome to the group.

The Virgin River Rim Trail can be broken into 3 parts. I agree with the guys.

Cascade Falls and the Bristlecone Pine Trail and nice and sweet, fun hiking paths for little people.
    http://www.zionnational-park.com/dfhike.htm

http://www.zionnational-park.com/virgin-river-rim.htm