Thread: Check out this Thread of hate vs. Cyclist

Check out this Thread of hate vs. Cyclist

I am a member of a motorcycle forum and have been engaged in a good old topic of motorcyclist vs cyclists, I am in no way trying to move traffic over there or pump that site by no means, I just figured you may enjoy reading how much flack I have been getting... It's pretty funny.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-to...-cyclists.html

Check it out, I have the same screen name and man are some of these people hateful.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I pretty much agree, cyclists are idiotic at least here in the states..... the 'weekend' cyclists are the worst!

I damn near killed a whole family the other day because they couldn't make up their mind on which side of the road to be on so they split up .

I slowed down and told them how stupid they were.... without telling them how stupid they were.

Oh, this is going to be a good one

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Hey I cycle but for christs sake, stay on the same side of the road instead of making a 'tunnel' which motorists have to navigate through.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Chere'

Yeah it is a good one, but even better on that site because it is coming from motorcycle riders, especially those on harleys. You can pretty much make most of the comments towards a motorcyle rider...ie, they dart in and out of traffic, don't use turn signals, wear funny clothes, think they own the road. etc. And they are up in arms about not taxing bikes. I would guess most of those who own a bike own a car or two. LOL

As long as you did it in Utah and from three feet away because that is the LAW.... So you too now believe that all cyclist are stupid? Or just a potion that gives the majority a bad name?
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEberryBOB View Post
    I pretty much agree, cyclists are idiotic at least here in the states..... the 'weekend' cyclists are the worst!

I damn near killed a whole family the other day because they couldn't make up their mind on which side of the road to be on so they split up .

I slowed down and told them how stupid they were.... without telling them how stupid they were.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    As long as you did it in Utah and from three feet away because that is the LAW.... So you too now believe that all cyclist are stupid? Or just a potion that gives the majority a bad name?
    that small portion that gives the rest of us a bad name.

Meh, I was hoping you would be more hostile. it's a good start though.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

That thread is pretty entertaining. Even having read the whole think, I still don't get why all the hate. I own a motorcycle too, and I would have thought that motorcyclists and bicyclists could find some common ground (they both get mowed down regularly by cars). Guess not...

That forum seems like a fairly angry place in general...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEberryBOB View Post
    Hey I cycle but for christs sake, stay on the same side of the road instead of making a 'tunnel' which motorists have to navigate through.
    I'm just waiting for the hardcore cyclists to comment I don't think the trolling will work this time after the last cars v. bicycles post. The rolling bowling pins and my less than lethal pepper spray machine

it would only work over there on that site....I even had a dude from utah chime in and he wouldn't tell me the street he was talking about because he didn't want people like me hanging out in his neck of the woods....I laughed so hard I almost shat myself. Big bad Harley Rider scared to back up his story because a homo spandex wearing road biker might end up in his neck of the woods...FUNNY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    I am a member of a motorcycle forum and have been engaged in a good old topic of motorcyclist vs cyclists, I am in no way trying to move traffic over there or pump that site by no means, I just figured you may enjoy reading how much flack I have been getting... It's pretty funny.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-to...-cyclists.html

Check it out, I have the same screen name and man are some of these people hateful.
    All this coming from a Harley forum? Surprised? Buncha pirates...

I ride motorcycles and bicycles. It's all about respect. Don't generalize a group because of one or two people.
    Spandex is worn for a reason, so is leather, just accept it.