Thread: I've got a few questions about Currant Creek Campground

I've got a few questions about Currant Creek Campground

We've got a family camp coming up tomorrow at Currant Creek. So if you've been there, maybe you can help me out. First of all, is there a nearby supply of firewood? How tough is it to get a spot mid-week in Loop D? What's the mosquito situation like right about now? How is fishing from the bank? What kind of lures/bait works well there?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Head towards CO-OP Creek or to the north on any of the roads and you should find plenty of firewood. Can't help you on the campground. Gold Kastmasters were working well off the dam a couple of weeks ago. Skeeters are transitioning to deer flys last weekend.

Thanks! Sorry, I just got back to this. Well, we left before your reply anyway. We found the deerflies to be atrocious, btw.

How was the campground? Looking for new places to take the popup and CC is on the list

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    How was the campground? Looking for new places to take the popup and CC is on the list
    It's a pretty nice campground, with a lot of spots for popups etc. Less availability for nice tent spots, but still they were plentiful when we were there, which was arriving on Wednesday, leaving on Friday. It's actually rated a 9 out of 10 for scenic beauty according to the Utah campground book we own, and we thought it was quite pretty around the campground. Of course, there's going to be the campground look actually within the campground, but it's not too bad in that way. There are many fire ants about, and the playground for the kids is kind of lame. We stayed in Loop D, which is non-reservable, and we stayed there because of the playground. The kids still liked it, but we were expecting a slide, some swings, maybe a see saw. And the fire ants abounded at the playground. The restrooms are flush, with running water and soap in the sinks. They have a little store where you can buy ice if you run out and a few other supplies.