Thread: BD Magnetron Carabiners

Blog Entries

BD Magnetron Carabiners

Black Diamond introduces auto-locking carabiners with Magnetron technology.

Read more here: http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...ming-july-2012http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...ming-july-2012
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Black Diamond? More like Black Magic!!! I want one.

The man thong is wrong.

Blog Entries
    Nice vid. Pretty cool biners I think. Wouldnt mind getting a few of em. However, they won't be released until either Spring or Summer of 2012.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

That's pretty cool. I wonder if grime would gump up the effectiveness of the magnets? Or if they would lose power over time? I'm not a magnet guru but they look awesome.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

These look pretty awesome. Like most of you I'm definitely curious to see how they hold up to the rigors of testing

I got to play with some of these biners at the Outdoor Retailer show... let me just say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the design and how strong the magnets lock. They're winning awards all over the place too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by optikal View Post
    I got to play with some of these biners at the Outdoor Retailer show... let me just say, I'm thoroughly impressed with the design and how strong the magnets lock. They're winning awards all over the place too.
    Cool! Glad someone was able to test em. Too bad we gotta wait till next year to use em
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries
    Just heard from my buddy at Backcountry.com - these will be available either next week or the following!
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries

BD Magnetron Carabiners

So the rocklock biners finally arrived at backcountry.com and they are nice! They are sturdy! It will be fun to test out in a canyon environment.

I think these would be a debatable choice for water canyons.

Here's a pic.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356911044.059634.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  29.8 KB
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Tried one last year ice climbing. Not a fan. Had a hard time with gloves and snow/ice getting the thing to open. Pain.

Blog Entries

BD Magnetron Carabiners

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Tried one last year ice climbing. Not a fan. Had a hard time with gloves and snow/ice getting the thing to open. Pain.
    I'm guessing you were using the Gridlock version?
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Nope.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum