Thread: Shooting Bryce Canyon

Shooting Bryce Canyon

I am planning a quick trip down to Bryce for sometime next month. I will only be there one night, but will have most of one day for hiking to get somewhere, and then the next morning.

Where is the best place to get some sunset and sunrise pictures there? Like I said, I am willing to be out on the trail hiking somewhere for the sunset, but the sunrise would need to be more like an overlook, or just a very quick hike.

Any suggestions would be great - I havent been there since I had a crappy point and shoot, so I do need to get my cliche Bryce shots.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

all of the viewpoints are good, but sunset is typically a bust in bryce. sunrises are mind-boggling though. scout out which viewpoint you want the afternoon before sunrise. they are all "cliche" for a reason.

The hikes are cool in Bryce but for photography at sunrise and sunset purposes, the rim is always best. I actually like Sunset Point for sunrise. Late sunrise is great at Inspiration Point as well.

I also like Sunset Point for sunrise, but a short walk down the trail to Thor's Hammer can yield some good shots too. Late afternoon and early evening can be good from the rim as well, especially between Sunrise and Sunset Points.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Back in the day..... I like sunrise best. I was never a rim guy. I liked to get below the rim and shoot looking up. Again, back in the day of film...
    Life is Good

I love Bryce Canyon! I was there for half a day in 2009, and had a great time. Like Carpey said, all the view points are great. Unfortunately, I couldn't do any hiking due to a broken ankle... but wish I could have. You'll have a blast down there.