Thread: Swimming in Moab's Mill Creek

Swimming in Moab's Mill Creek

I posted this in hiking because it's roughly a mile hike to get there, maybe a mile and a half.

I took the family up here this past weekend, I've been coming here for about 15 years since one of my first trips to Moab. It's a great way to cool off and the kids absolutely love it. The water is higher than to be expected usually, so keep that in mind if you decide to jump in. We were still hitting the bottom.

The GPS track is a touch off in a few places due to signal loss, but this is pretty much the route

Viewing on a mobile device? Click this link to open the map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200816175362728047597.0004a7becb5db7fe10fd8&msa=0

Here's @Iceaxe's video from a few weeks ago.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That looks like a refreshing day in the water. Awesome!

I must have missed this. I remember seeing guys hauled out 15 years ago when I first went down there, and almost every time since.

I'm sorry, but I found this section to be somewhat amusing:

Using a simple keyword search on his work laptop computer, Mecham quickly located a website that had posted photographs and videos of people jumping into the Mill Creek swimming hole at Left Hand. Some of the participants were seen doing back flips and front flips from a ledge about 15 feet high and into the water, Mecham said, shaking his head in disbelief.

“The word is out,” Mecham said, adding that one out-of-town woman recently stopped him and asked him directions on how to find Left Hand because she wanted to go swimming there.

“I need to go up there and look at it to see if I can understand why they’re doing it,” he added.

I'm not sure where the confusion is on finding a motive for swimming here.

That looks great. I will definitely plan on that next time I am in Moab!

It doesn't look like the locals are wanting to keep this spot secret anymore. I saw at least 3 of these signs guiding the tourists to the sweet spot this week.

Name:  2013-03-28_17-56-27_HDR.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  105.9 KB

I live about a half mile away and take my kids up there a lot. I think the locals would like to still have it be a secret but nothing is secret anymore...unless you have to punish yourself to get there! LOL

Good to know! Looks awesome.

It's a fun trip. We did it on Memorial Day, early. Parking lot was packed when we left, so we timed it right as there were only two other people at the pool for our visit.