Thread: Canyoning Harness

Canyoning Harness

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It would be nice to protect the wetsuit bottom, but 76.50 EUR in dollars is $106.52.
    (http://www.canyonstore.be/catalog/pr...56&language=en)
    I find the webbing around the hips is getting chewed up as fast as the rear on my canyon harnesses. This harness looks more beefy than the BD Alpine Bod, but would offer no extra protection from abrasion to the harness itself.
    Additionally, I wouldn't take it to freeze fest. (And not just because those people would those people laugh at me for spending $106.52 on a harness.) I'd bet that PVC-ass-protection would slide like a waxed snowboard when you put it on snow or cold wet slickrock...
    It looks pretty though. I'd like to take one down Mystery 'cause all the tourists would think I'm a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    It would be nice to protect the wetsuit bottom, but 76.50 EUR in dollars is $106.52.
    (http://www.canyonstore.be/catalog/pr...56&language=en)
    I find the webbing around the hips is getting chewed up as fast as the rear on my canyon harnesses. This harness looks more beefy than the BD Alpine Bod, but would offer no extra protection from abrasion to the harness itself.
    Additionally, I wouldn't take it to freeze fest. (And not just because those people would those people laugh at me for spending $106.52 on a harness.) I'd bet that PVC-ass-protection would slide like a waxed snowboard when you put it on snow or cold wet slickrock...
    It looks pretty though. I'd like to take one down Mystery 'cause all the tourists would think I'm a bad ass.
    Of course for an extra $106 one can buy another 5 mm wetsuit altogether. Who needs stinking butt protection? Of course, perhaps that is why my drysuits aren't. I have eyeballed this product from Fixe:

It's $25 but it does look a bit fussy.

Ken

Name:  C5030..jpg
Views: 1246
Size:  28.5 KB

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not seeing an advantage of that harness with regards to Colorado Plateau canyoneering.... cause if you are spending a lot of time sliding on your butt you are probably doing it wrong.

Its also missing some of the advantages the BD Alpine Bod offers CP canyoneers.... namely in that it has leg loops that you must step into when you put it on....... And anyone that has put on a harness 70' off the deck in a Mae West slot knows that just sucks.

And the price....

Just my 2 cents....