Thread: TR-White Pine Lake Logan

TR-White Pine Lake Logan

Me and a buddy made it up to White Pine Lake on 7/9. The trail was snow free for only about 1/2 a mile until we reached the first shelf. From that point on it was either connecting the dots to a few clear patches or just going straight across. Because neither of us had been up there before we really had no idea where the trail was supposed to be. Occasionally we found a few footprints and followed those up and over the ridge. The backside still had snow but didn't have quite as much. Once in the basin there was still plenty of snow but it was melting fast. If there was a clear spot it was completely saturated with water running everywhere. The lake was about 1/3 frozen but it is also melting fast and should be clear by next weekend. We did find a clear campsite and saw a few other spots that would have been suitable. We ran into 2 other groups also camping at the lake. It's a very scenic area that I'm sure see plenty of of traffic so it was nice to have a some solitude. The bugs were also a non issue. I'm guessing by this weekend it should be much clearer and easier to access, not that it was all too difficult.

Mt Magog Reflection

Shortly Before the Lake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice, Austin. I dig that first shot.

Nice pics, It's been about 10 years since the last time I was there.

Thanks for the trip report. I hiked the bunchgrass can trail up there last year. It's 7.5 miles to white pine lake and snow free up until just outside of the lake. I was thinking of hiking from tony's grove again, but it looks like maybe in another month or so. Great pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report. I am headed up that way this weekend. I might fish at Tony Grove. Your first picture is amazing!