Thread: Tour De France 2011: Johnny Hoogerland Extracts Himself From Barbed Wire Fence

Tour De France 2011: Johnny Hoogerland Extracts Himself From Barbed Wire Fence

Yikes!!!!

Name:  bettiniphoto_0085.jpg
Views: 11611
Size:  40.8 KB
    Johnny Hoogerland (Vacansoleil-DCM) extracts himself from the barbed wire fence he landed on after being taken out by a French television car.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour-de-f.../photos/181772

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ouch

I've recorded and watched every stage so far and about fell out of my seat when I saw that happen, It was crazy! The idiot car driver should be charged with assault in my opinion. Couldn't believe Hoogerland got back on his bike and finished the race.
    Are we there yet?

ouch! that's not pretty. he will probably be sittin on a donut for a while.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

It was actually pin action that sent this guy into the meat shredder. The rider that got peeelayed by the car hit Johnny boy sending him inverted , bike and all...into the barbed wire fence. In an earlier stage, a camera man - toating motorcycle nailed a rider. Man, this has been one wreck-filled tour. Just yesterday alone 12 riders "abandoned" the race due to biting it. Zabrinski, a Utah native, went out with, I believe, a broken wrist. Contadore has eatin' it a few times already. Don't think he's got a chance now as all the falls have cost him precious time. The Schleck boys have already gotten their "revenge". But it's early yet. 2 weeks to go.

I am a die hard TDF fan and follow all the races year long, Radio Shack has has some bad luck this year on the Tour with Horner going down, Johnny getting taken out by the van and Levi hitting the pavement every day. Hoogerland is a man for finishing the stage, I wish they would have given him the breakaway finishers time and not let him fall so far behind due to the freak crash.
    Lableup, you are already writing Contador off without even touching foot in the Pyranese? That is when the Tour will shape up and the real race will start. I can't wait for the big mountain stages to take place and then I will give my opionion on who I think is going to win. Too crazy of a year with the wet roads for anyone to be written off yet. With only two minutes between Contador and all the contenders it should force some fireworks in the mountains and make for some great race days with the field being torn apart.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

The Pyrenees is definitely where the race will be won or lost. It will be interesting to see if Contador can shake Schleck or Evans off his wheel. I've never been a Contador fan. I'm hoping ANYBODY wins other than him. Not a real Evans lover either, but am rooting for an American Team, like BMC, to have a man in yellow at the end of the day. I do like Hincapie, so if he can help drag Evans to the podium, all the better.
    Are we there yet?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Absolutely crazy! I couldn't believe it either when I was watching it. Accadacca's picture shows it was so much worse than VS made it look on tv. That is one badass dude!

Yeah him stepping up to the podium to get his jersey was pretty touching after all that he went through to get back up and finish. Crazy tour this year but I still can't wait for the mountains baby!! So what the thoughts from here on out for anyone?

"Lableup, you are already writing Contador off without even touching foot in the Pyranese?"

Not writing him off, but I think the first week did some serious head games for him. Andy and Frank are just sitting back and waiting to use Contador's bad fortune mindset coupled with the climbs. Not dissing Contador in any way. But last year I didn't see him exactly dropping Andy in the mountains. No wait..he did. ......WHEN ANDY'S CHAIN DERAILED. Exciting part of the whole race starting tomorrow in the mountains!

That is the best picture of the Tour, the commentary on it was great! I am glad contador didn't win and it proved that winning the Giro and the Tour are two things that don't go hand in hand. Should be hearing on his pending status soon.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    ....Should be hearing on his pending status soon.
    Actually............

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cont...until-november

yeah I saw that a couple of minutes after my post...