Thread: Missing in Moab

Missing in Moab

I joined here because a friend of a friend is missing in Moab. He's been missing for a week as of today. I think he either got lost or trapped somewhere, he is probably close to the Moab drop zone. If he is still alive, he won't last much longer.

The forum will not let me post a link, Google "David Brown and Moab" and you'll find the CNN link.

Thanks,

Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sullydirt View Post
    I joined here because a friend of a friend is missing in Moab. He's been missing for a week as of today. I think he either got lost or trapped somewhere, he is probably close to the Moab drop zone. If he is still alive, he won't last much longer.

The forum will not let me post a link, Google "David Brown and Moab" and you'll find the CNN link.

Thanks,

Mike

So your friend went to Clint's house, stepped outside for a minute and never returned? Where in Moab does Clint live? Bizarre...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I hope all turns out well.

Yikes! I hope he turns up somewhere and is okay.

MOAB -- A hiker found the body of a Moab man who had been missing for more than three months.

The remains of David Brown, 37, were discovered 400 feet below a ridge near the Moab Rim on Sunday.
    Searchers had combed that area extensively in the days following Brown's disappearance June 29 but didn't find anything.

Moab Police Chief Mike Navarre said, "It's an extremely rough area. It's hard to climb around in there, to walk around in there, even from the air to see something from there; it's not surprising to me that we didn't find him on those first searches."

Brown's family issued a statement Wednesday morning confirming that his body was found. They thanked Navarre and his staff, plus the volunteers who searched for Brown.

"We are grateful for the volunteers at Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs, and Dave's many friends far and wide who helped us look for him. Blue skies, Dave. You are so loved and your incredible zest for life will be missed," said Wendi TeKamp, who is Brown's sister.

Police are still waiting for an autopsy report from the medical examiner, but they don't suspect foul play was involved.
    Brown was a national champion and world record-holding skydiver. His family says private funeral arrangements are being made.

Dang, maybe even a base jump gone wrong? Any details of if he was wearing a chute?

See how to embed KSL Videos in your posts