Thread: Fireworks photos - anyone else have any?

Fireworks photos - anyone else have any?

I decided to try my luck at shooting fireworks last night. We are lucky that the view from our top deck is absolutely perfect for viewing them.

I shot over 45 pictures, and by the time the show was over, I was starting to get the hang of it .

Anyway, here are some of the better ones I posted to my blog (so I could direct link them).

Camera: D40. Lens 55-200, ISO 200. f/5.6, BULB shutter with remote, tripod mount, both manual and auto focus.

Please feel free to share any photos you've shot of fireworks, recent or not. They are so dramatic and beautiful, and are always fun to see, I think .
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nice work! looks like you dialed the shutter speed pretty well. that always seems to be hardest part of fireworks.

i only had a camera phone last night, maybe i'll post up some mayhem. now that utah allows aerial fireworks, the place was crazy! really wish i had gone up in the foothills and taken a huge composite of the valley. would've been wild.

Great Shots, I love seeing photos like this. From what I can tell it takes some mad skill to pull of good shots of fireworks. AWESOME!!!

If I can budge the camera from my mother in law I will see if I can post some from Last Friday in Logan, Utah. I missed them in Brigham City last night because I had to work

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    nice work! looks like you dialed the shutter speed pretty well. that always seems to be hardest part of fireworks.

i only had a camera phone last night, maybe i'll post up some mayhem. now that utah allows aerial fireworks, the place was crazy! really wish i had gone up in the foothills and taken a huge composite of the valley. would've been wild.
    On my way home from work last night around 11:30 or so people were still lighting them off all over the valley. We were hearing pops going off until around 1:30 when we finally went to sleep. The whole state is freaking out
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Here's one of mine !!! Name:  misc potos 057..jpg
Views: 254
Size:  22.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    really wish i had gone up in the foothills and taken a huge composite of the valley. would've been wild.
    Same thought crossed my mind. That would be an awesome composite.

Thanks Carpey and Ryan - I was pleased that I had more than just a couple that turned out pretty well. I've really never had the occasion to try and photograph them until this year.

Having a wide composite view of fireworks down in the valley would have been awesome; I can actually imagine what that might look like! Now you can plan for that next year .

Utah's law allowing fireworks is a recent change, then? So...you guys haven't had public firework displays before?

Nice pic, Bowjunkie - it looks like the rocket trails are twisted together like a vine.
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Here's a time lapse I did of the fireworks we went to. 266 frames.

Quote Originally Posted by canyonphile View Post
    Utah's law allowing fireworks is a recent change, then? So...you guys haven't had public firework displays before?
    The aerial fireworks are now allowed: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=16080860 and yep there were problems: Fireworks set home on fire in Daybreak, UT

Nice pic, Bowjunkie - it looks like the rocket trails are twisted together like a vine.
    thanks !!

Gotta try and get some on the 24th!! Those are sweet
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

It is a recent change yes, but almost every city in the state has always done their big areal displays. But civilians just couldn't do their own til now.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

fireworks

Great shots! Here's my best taken in Lake Havasu City, AZ on the 4th:Name:  DSC_5126LakeHavasu&.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  116.5 KB
    copyright: g. joder 2011
    bearcanyon.wordpress.com

Wow, great shots so far.
    One of mine I took last year.
    SUNY Buffalo, Lake LaSalle.