Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beginner's guide to canyonlands

Glad I found this thread! Lots of great suggestions.

I'm looking for some canyon hiking next month closer to the Southeastern/Central-Eastern part of Utah and definitely need to find those elusive swimming holes! Unfortunately I may be traveling solo and therefore have to car camp simply to err on the side of caution. Are there any of these areas you've all mentioned that you feel would be a great choice for a cautiously adventurous, stubborn as a mule, nimble as a goat, scrappy female? I usually prefer isolated peace and quiet, so the high traffic areas, though safer, are not my first choice. I'll be driving from Denver out to Utah.
    Keep pulling up stakes. Friend me on facebook.

"Since the ultimate goal of transport technology is the annihilation of space, the compression of all Being into one pure point, it follows that six-packs help." Edward Abbey, Monkey Wrench Gang

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just came back from my solo trip. And camped in a lot of wonderful and remote areas. Also used some of the campsites and they were great. Spend a couple of nights in Salt Creek Canyon, also camped at Squaw Flat CG, Cowboy Camp in Canyonlands area.
    I did some hikes in the Island in the Sky area like Neck Springs trail, Syncline Loop, Aztec Butte, Alcove Springs trail and some of the trails in Needles District as well.
    There are lots of things to do.