Thread: Good places to camp and ride for the July 4th weekend?

Good places to camp and ride for the July 4th weekend?

My wife just bought her first mtb. I am looking for a good place to take her for the July 4th weekend. We want to stay within a 3.5 hour drive of SLC.

I need a place that has enough intermediate to beginner single/double tracks to keep us busy. I was thinking of the Vernal area, but it looks like it is going to be hot this weekend!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It might be cool to camp and bike up in North Fork, it's just a little North East of Ogden, up by the Mule Trails:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-North-Fork-UT

And yeah, I'll basically have Ogden area references.... but possibly up on the Ben Lomond trail too, depending on the Snow.

Ben lomond has a bunch of snow and is not new rider friendly. you could also camp (in ogden) at the base of maples/ art nord close to snowbasin if you are just looking to ride and not really sit by a lake or anything. 3.5 hrs almost brings moab into play too. I would think the KOA @ PC would be great and you could hit all the jeremy ranch trails and choose the level you want to ride at in regards to difficulty. Probabaly too late but you could try to camp @ pineview and be within riding distance of Wheeler Canyon, Skyline, and all snowbasin trials plus you have the resevoir to mess around in?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Green River, Wy. is nice with all kinds of trail to ride.........oh, was I plugging that one? Anyway, contact me for trail info up here and it's only 2 1/2 hrs away-

Thanks for the info. I ended up going to the Strawberry Reservoir area. Strawberry Narrows was perfect, but tree fall closes the trail 4 miles in. We tried Co-op creek and Sleepy Hollow, both required a lot of walking around muddy trails. The mosquitoes where also a problem every time you stopped.