Thread: A Tree Falls on A Tent - :(

Bogley BigShot

A Tree Falls on A Tent - :(

A man camping with his family was killed and his wife injured when a sycamore tree weighing several thousands pounds crashed onto their tent in a New Jersey campground early on Tuesday morning, authorities said. The couple, from Bound Brook, New Jersey, were camping with their 10-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter, along with a 9-year-old nephew, when the freak accident occurred around 6 a.m.
    Elcetia Arias, 42, was extricated from the debris and flown to a Trenton hospital, where her condition was upgraded from critical to guarded, said New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection spokeswoman Abbie Tang-Smith.
    William Arias, 46, died at the scene.
    None of the children was injured. Tang-Smith said the family had a single tent at the site, but did not know whether the children had slept inside.
    The family had been camping at the Bull's Island Campground at Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park in Hunterdon County, near the Delaware Water Gap recreation area.
    Tang-Smith said there was no extreme weather reported in the area at the time, and the cause was under investigation. The area near the campsite had been closed but the campground remained open, she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/father-killed-...232617934.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

wow that's crazy :( Condolences to the family. I was in the redwoods a couple years ago and a tree fell in the middle of the night like 20 feet from my tent. Its scary how loud and thunderous of a sound it makes. I don't think I went back to sleep for hours. In the morning I went to investigate and the tree basically shattered when it hit the ground
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Sad

Sycamore trees are brutal. I had one in my yard back in San Diego and at least 3 times a year it would drop a large branch on a parked car outside my apartment. The owner of the car tried to sure me even though I was renting the place I lived in, lol.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Oh man SAD!!! Weather is unpredictable, too bad it had to be this time :(
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt