Thread: Camping near Bear Lake

Camping near Bear Lake

Hey I was hoping I could get some amazing advice from the experts
    My wife and two kids are heading up to bear lake next weekend and we want to find a nice place near bear lake we can camp in are tent. My wife is prego and does not want to hike, so we need a place we can drive are truck to. Any and all ideas will be greatly apprechiated. Thanks guys!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sunrise Campgroud is a nice place. Not sure if there is a bunch of snow there now or not though. Franklin Basin is also a nice place to camp. It's about 20 min from Bear Lake as you go through Logan Canyon. I believe there are also tent sites at Blue Water which is right on the shore of Bear Lake.

Welcome to Bogley. I live in Clinton also.

Awesome thanks for the good spots, I cant wait to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

Thanks I look forward to using Bogley for all my camping needs

Just went camping in that area last week. Lots of people like Sunrise campground, but personally I'd stay somewhere else. It's just too close to the nonstop traffic on 89. We went up St. Charles Canyon, near the NW corner of the lake. Paved road (it's the road to Minnetonka Cave), with several campgrounds there. We stayed at the highest one, Cloverleaf, very pretty, though there were some mosquitoes. North Beach is maybe 20 minutes from camp. Franklin Basin road is also nice, but those sites are completely undeveloped. Snow is basically gone, but you'll still see it on the peaks and high places like Tony Grove.