Thread: back packing buddy?

back packing buddy?

Hey ya'll. I'm after a backpacking buddy. two reasons, 1: None of my good friends are really into the outdoors like me so its hard to convince them that carrying as little as possible on your back for 8 miles then camping in the middle of no where is actually fun. its hard enough to convince many that hiking itself is a blast..

second is, i admit i'm a backpacking noob. I haven't been in a couple years. I've got all (most) so it would be nice to go with someone who knows a bit more than me haha.

seems like I'm posting an internet dating add or something. i like long walks on the beach, flowers and ponies. Ahem. if you care, i'm 23, & working college guy.
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i'm in the same boat as you except you probably have more money then I do and you're probably a lot stronger hiker then I am..

but if you every make it down to st. George, then I'm up for whatever.

o and I like long romantic dinners, reading books with that special someone, and enjoying majestic sunsets.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Ok, now we know what your turn ons are, what are your turn offs? Let me guess....Haters, petty dictators, people who drive slow in the left lane, republicans................

Quote Originally Posted by gnwatts View Post
    Ok, now we know what your turn ons are, what are your turn offs? Let me guess....Haters, petty dictators, people who drive slow in the left lane, republicans................
    Spot on, do you know me?!??

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    i'm in the same boat as you except you probably have more money then I do and you're probably a lot stronger hiker then I am..

but if you every make it down to st. George, then I'm up for whatever.

o and I like long romantic dinners, reading books with that special someone, and enjoying majestic sunsets.
    Maybe something come cooler weather again...fall?

Quote Originally Posted by gloo View Post
    right now the stuff on pine valley mountain would be good but the window is closing fast.. I was thinking about doing a little hike/fishing up there in a few weeks. October is when it starts getting cold and snowing.

Brian head might have some good places to backpack in the fall, there is still a little bit of snow on it right now.

most of my friends would rather play games then go out and do something... if it doesn't have a motor on it, they're not interested.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Check the trip I did to Boulder Mountain this month- Click Here

It is probably good for a few more weeks then it is gonna get too hot.

I am always down to go on walkabout with new people. Three things you have to know about me, I don't travel on holiday weekends (always a shit show where ever you go), I don't believe in any god nor do I want to, and I am just me, and that is all I can be. If you are ok with the above, then you are welcome join us for an adventure.

Spot on, do you know me?!??

I'm a scorpio, I know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    I don't travel on holiday weekends (always a shit show where ever you go)
    You're going to the wrong places, Nebz! 4 days in Salt Creek over Memorial Day weekend, saw no one for 3 out of the 4 days! Out of those it was grand total of 5 people, 3 as we left the trailhead and 2 on the last day. You can always find solitude on holiday weekends, just shoot for either really remote spots or places that require permits so you know there can't be crowds. Or in the case of Salt Creek you get both.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    You're going to the wrong places, Nebz! 4 days in Salt Creek over Memorial Day weekend, saw no one for 3 out of the 4 days! Out of those it was grand total of 5 people, 3 as we left the trailhead and 2 on the last day. You can always find solitude on holiday weekends, just shoot for either really remote spots or places that require permits so you know there can't be crowds. Or in the case of Salt Creek you get both.
    Yeah, I know my spots if I do travel those weekends where I wont see a soul. But if you are shooting for a popular area, weekend after a holiday is a sure bet just about anywhere. Plus holiday road traffic sucks as well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    I am always down to go on walkabout with new people. Three things you have to know about me, I don't travel on holiday weekends (always a shit show where ever you go), I don't believe in any god nor do I want to, and I am just me, and that is all I can be. If you are ok with the above, then you are welcome join us for an adventure.
    Sweet, no issues there for me haha. boulder mtn and pine valley mountain both look sweet, but for now i'm thinking i'll save gas moola and stick around slc and uintas.

The Uintas are my favorite place to be. North Slope Particularly. My wife and I are a little out of shape this year so our long hikes this year will most likely only be consisting of about 7 mile, 2 day hikes (or that vicinity). If I end up planning a quick trip to hike with just a buddy or two then I will try to hit you up.

If I am with my wife, well, lets just say we are still young and find lakes that no one goes to

Oh... and... I like romantic picnics at sunset, virgin strawberry daiquiris, and fast cars
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt