Thread: Sevier River @ Big Rock Candy Mountain

Sevier River @ Big Rock Candy Mountain

The water at The sevier River last weekend was running at between 1600 and 2000 cfps. we got in at my grandma's house near Hoover's Cafe. Water was cold and running fast. There was a few trees that were down in the water but they were not too much of an obsticle . Water was smooth as we expected for the first mile or two. Wather got rough fast and did not let up. At one point, i found myself in a hole looking up 5 to 6 feet and wondering if i was going to make it to the top. Water was moving fast enough that it shot me out and actually caught air as I topped the wave. I have done this river close to a hundred times and have never seen it this rough. I didn't even notice when we went over the old waterfall (Big Daddy) It was all about the same. The water finaly calmed down a little just as we got to the old train tunnel and highway bridge. We had to get out here becuse we did not fit under the bridge. At this point we were running high on adrenaline. as we cought our breath and prepared to cary our boats accross the read, we realized how tired we were and how tough the next mile was going to be. The wife made the call, she was done. We hitched a ride to our jeep downstream and called it a good day.
    We were going to have pictures, but our camera lady only got one picture before she was confronted by a local.(I won't say who, but she kind of thinks she owns the river and feels that we are robbing her of potential buisness or something) She was distracted too long and couldn't catch back up to us untill the bridge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm sorry, but you are robbing her of business by doing what?

They do River raft tours. They even gave us a hard time about were we parked. Somehow they were able to lift the back of my Jeep and push it into the sagebrush. They set the alarm off but I couldn't find any damage. We parked on the side of the highway downstream from there normal takeout. So I don't see how we were in there way. I don't really know their side of the story, but I didn't like them that day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jones84790 View Post
    Somehow they were able to lift the back of my Jeep and push it into the sagebrush.

ROFL :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk