Thread: Weekday backpacking trips

Weekday backpacking trips

I recently moved to SLC and am looking for some people to do backpacking trips with during the week. I have been backpacking for about ten years, mountaineering and rock climbing for seven.

I prefer to hike at least 6 hours, but prefer +8 hour hiking days. Forest, desert, etc. I like all kinds of terrain.

Email me or send me a message on facebook id: markjmonroe

(bogley will not allow me to link to my facebook page! Says I have not posted enough)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by reverse_dyno View Post
    I recently moved to SLC and am looking for some people to do backpacking trips with during the week. I have been backpacking for about ten years, mountaineering and rock climbing for seven.

I prefer to hike at least 6 hours, but prefer +8 hour hiking days. Forest, desert, etc. I like all kinds of terrain.

Email me or send me a message on facebook id: markjmonroe

(bogley will not allow me to link to my facebook page! Says I have not posted enough)
    I may be interested.. what kind of distances are you putting in in 8 hours though over what terrain :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Hi Doss,

Depends how I good I feel that day:). Over the weekend I did 6 hours of off trail hiking (part on snow of course), and 1 hour trail hiking to get to a nice place to camp. Many times people like to take it easy and do 4 hour backpacking days on nice trails, not my thing. I like to backpack for the beauty and physical challenge of it. Hence I always pick the most challenging routes in backpacking guide books.

For long backpacking trips I drop the number of hours per day, I just tend to do a lot of overnighters, and I do not mind coming home dirt tired.

Mark