Thread: Fathers Day in Alcatraz - June 19, 2011

Fathers Day in Alcatraz - June 19, 2011

We got stretched at
    Attached Images Attached Images                                   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I like how you guys equalized the first rap anchor. but did you make it redundant, and other ERNEST principles? You know just in case one extera gave out.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    I like how you guys equalized the first rap anchor. but did you make it redundant, and other ERNEST principles? You know just in case one extera gave out.

DO you mean EARNEST as in Equal tension Angles appropriate, Redundant, Non-Extending, Strong, Timely.
    Or the super strong better than anybody the only way ERNEST P. Worrell way of doing things?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by french_de View Post
    DO you mean EARNEST as in Equal tension Angles appropriate, Redundant, Non-Extending, Strong, Timely
    Nope, I meant the American Mountain Guide Association's (AMGA) ERNEST: equalized, redundant, no extension (like slack, etc), strong, timely.

As opposed to SRENE Solid, Redundant, Equalized, No Extension

For get about angles I always have my angels as close to 180 degrees

Nope, I meant the American Mountain Guide Association's (AMGA) ERNEST: equalized, redundant, no extension (like slack, etc), strong, timely.

As opposed to SRENE Solid, Redundant, Equalized, No Extension

For get about angles I always have my angels as close to 180 degrees
    Oh that ERNEST. Timely was appropriate here. It took us all of 3 minutes to setup an double Xterra anchor.

When I saw this I was reminded of a post I saw from Shane a while back about people falling due to overly complicated set ups. Looks to me that if either line came undone they would be looking at a long fall. I prefer to set one solid line and go, but it wasn't my a$$ on their ropes so I guess they can set it up as they choose.

Oh, we did check out the "non-xtera" anchor entry that appears to be somewhat popular by the foot trail found descending the rim a little ways left LDC. Thought that the traditional break-in would be best.

And, with the trusty UV light, we found lots of scorpions camping with us. Along with coyotes, a few donkeys and lots of bats.

Holy smokes on the anchor folks, the picture is cut off. You see the safety of a biner block in the picture. If you saw the whole thing you would see enough redundancy to have elephants jump off the edge. Its done right, just have to trust us. We laughed at the over kill after doing the rap - it is over hyped.

i thought my previous posts was clear it was a sarcasm joke. I think it is cool that you could have used one vehicle but you decided to practice good anchor skills equalizing the load.

because one vehicle anchors are . . . you know . . . [/sarcasm]

doesn't look like you had students along. how often do you get out as just a family?

Thanks trackrunner. Not often without the students, just the old farts this time (except for my beautiful young wife of course). Now that we've escaped alcatraz, seems like a great place to take the students at the end of the school year.

Looks like 3 people out of the seven in your group weren't carrying their share of the load.

Great TR man, looks like you guys had a blast. Also love the double Exterra rap.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Looks like 3 people out of the seven in your group weren't carrying their share of the load.
    Those guys were there as advisors only. Not a trace of them after that canyon