Thread: *Cancelled* Uinta Fest! August 12-14, 2011

*Cancelled* Uinta Fest! August 12-14, 2011

Let's make it official, as discussed in this thread, let's have a backpacking Uinta Fest! August 12-14 in West Rock Creek.

The group size limit in the High Uintas Wilderness is 14, I figure if we end up with more than that we just split up in that basin and be okay. I'd be down to meetup and hike in with people or just meet back there, either way.

I was thinking of setting up camp in between Uintah, Rosalie and Marjorie. It's more than a 1/4 mile away from each lake so a big fire will be allowed. Below is a map of the area along with some of the possible entry points. The most direct way to get there is from the Highline Trail and crossing Rocky Sea Pass. Other trailhead options include East Fork Bear River, West Fork Black's Fork, Grandview or from the bottom of Rock Creek. I imagine Rocky Sea will be clear enough to get through without issues by then but Dead Horse and Priord could be another story.

So who's in?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks fun, but I'm not gonna make it.

I so wish this were the weekend after this one...
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

That does look like fun. But, I'll already be up in the Unitas earlier that week with Scouts (way further east in the Whiterocks area). I looked at doing a point to point from where I'll be and meeting up with your group...but it's a LONG ways. 60 miles I think. I still might consider it...bag King's peak on the way, etc. Might need to take some goats with packs to help me, though.

If you're considering a 4th of July Uinta adventure...let me know. I'd probably be up for that.

How many miles in?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    How many miles in?
    I believe it's about 13 miles one way.

OOo! I'm in

Edit: I actually am changing to I wanna go and will if i can lol.. I might be heading to redwoods and Yosemite during then
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

i'll tentatively join. hope i can be back in the saddle by then...

I'm still tentative as well. I'd like to come though; sounds fun.

I think based on the lack of commitments I'm going to scrap this Bogley fest on my end. I'm still going to plan a trip up there that weekend. Maybe only a weekend thing and perhaps not as much distance. Already have a 3-day going the prior weekend so I might save using the vacation day for something later in the month. If any of the tentative maybe's would like to be involved in the shorter trip I'm cooking up, let me know, or I will probably send you all an invite via FB events if we're friends on FB. Probably a leave Friday afternoon, return Sunday kind of deal. Thinking maybe Four Lakes Basin and go for some Grayling down at Allen Lake.