Thread: Getting Supplies near Zion or Bryce

Getting Supplies near Zion or Bryce

Our trip out to Utah is just over a week away and we are excited! We are flying into Salt Lake and driving down toward Zion. We will need to purchase some white gas for our stove. Damn airlines frowns upon bringing it the plane. any suggestions on where we can find any. Also to replenish our food supply near Bryce. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bryce NP has a campstore as does Ruby's Inn which you'll pass on the way into Bryce.

If you're coming all the way down I-15 and getting off at the Route 9 exit you'll pass a new Walmart on your way to/thru Hurricane. Ought to be able to load up more cheaply there.

You could snag some white gas in SLC in one of the outdoors stores before you head down. (?)

This might not affect you, but be aware that the Virgin River is still flowing at a high rate and several slots/canyons are closed until it drops. I've got a permit for Orderville in a week and it looks like we'll be hosed.

The cfs have been dropping about 100pet week over the last three weeks if that trend continues.... It will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by mattandersao View Post
    The cfs have been dropping about 100pet week over the last three weeks if that trend continues.... It will be close.
    Yeah...I've been watching it closely and my fingers are crossed. We'll see what happens! Thanks for the positive vibes.

We do have plans to hike down the Subway a week from next Sunday. Does anyone know the conditions there?

outdoor supplies can easily be purchased in Salt Lake at REI right off I-15 at 10600 south on your way down. there are a couple walmarts off I-15 on the way down too, if you want to get food. otherwise, Ruby's store is a good resupply place. I doubt you'll ever go out by hurricane.

subway is good to go. it's in normal early summer conditions.

We have finally made it to Utah! We are currently in Logan. It's great to see so much snow still on the mountain tops. Headed down to Cedar City today. Looking forward to seeing southern Utah. The weather looks pretty hot in that neck of the woods. You're correct in that there are plenty of Walmarts to resupply. Thanks for the heads up.