Thread: Moab bike hike 4wd 00', Amesa Back

Moab bike hike 4wd 00', Amesa Back

Hat-trick is a term used in a veriety of sports to denote remarkable and sometimes highly prized accomplishments in threes and of a certain rarity. Whether it is three goals from the same player in a single hockey game or a poker hand beating out three other hands, or an auto racer getting pole position, fastest lap time, and winning the race. This Moab hat-trick was simply a long well spent spring day of exploring by mountain bike, on foot, and by off-road vehicle with one of my younger brothers during a quick overnighter.
    Only a few years ago I had the film exposed during this trip developed, and as a photograph sharpens the memory, each picture brought this trip back from the dusty then nine year corners of mine. I only remembered two things about it without them. We ate at McDonalds during the Monopoly advertising scheme, my brother might have tossed out the winning dark blue piece.
    Second was that we biked the Amesa Back Trail also known as Cliff Hanger. Brian remembered we slept out under the stars when I mentioned the photos to him the other day. That made sense as the first shots show early morning light at Hurrah Pass, also near a favorite place I found the year before, and where I have often slept under the stars since.

\

Next we made our way back on Kane Creek Road stopping at the large trailhead parking area downhill from the beginning of the Amesa Back trail, got the bikes down, and started riding. One thing Brian never forgets is my endo while showing him how (not) to ride down the first section of trail. Once on top we took the spur to this overlook.

I loaned him my GT Avalanche LE and rode my old Karakoram

My brother was fresh from two years in Hawaii and about to go back to school there, he didn't get to see much sun while there and the dry hot desert was pretty rough on his paradise acclimated physique.

After the ride, we went for food in town, then some hiking...

To be continued on the proper forum...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement