Thread: Mexican Volcanoes 1992 (age 18)

Mexican Volcanoes 1992 (age 18)

This trip report was compiled from my memories of a solo trip I took at age 18 to the Mexican Volcanoes in 1992-1993. It was written using my perceptions when I was 18.

I had been dreaming about climbing higher altitude mountains since I was a young child and would check out mountaineering books and a copy of the Climbers and Hikers Guide to the Worlds Mountains. I would imagine what climbing those mountains would be like. I had longed to climb something higher than anything found in the Rockies. At the time, the highest I had been was Kings Peak, Utah
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool TR. Sounds like a memorable trip. I liked the part where girls were following you around. Even funnier is when you had to escape late at night from the dude that had a romantic interest in you!

I've thought about climbing some of the 'Mexicanoes', too. Maybe this will rekindle my interest and I'll look into it!

Thanks for the report!

Even funnier is when you had to escape late at night from the dude that had a romantic interest in you
    It was most certainly not funny at the time. At least I got out of there.

It was a good trip.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.