Thread: I'm looking for a 5k to run on July 4th

I'm looking for a 5k to run on July 4th

In the past, I've run a 5k that began at the East Millcreek Rec Center. However, that has been demolished and I can find no info on that race, so maybe it's not taking place this year. If you know, let me know.

Otherwise, I'm looking for another race to run and info as to where and how to register. If you can help me out, please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I live in Kaysville, and I know every year we have a 5K/10K Run (or walk). It costs $15. Here's a route map if you are interested. And registration will be here.

Btw, stick around for the Parade (if you have kids I suppose) and bring some water guns for the only water parade in Utah (so I've been told many times). The water section takes place on Main Street in Kaysville which stretches from Davis HS to 200 N. It brings out the kid in us. haha

I'll be in the Kaysville 5k, and water parade hosing people down. haha
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Thanks, jman. How's the parking for the race? Can you park pretty close to the starting line and still be around the parade? My wife has some serious health issues and can't walk far. Oh and after going to that site, it looks like they've raised the price to $20, but you get a nicer shirt this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Rebel View Post
    Thanks, jman. How's the parking for the race? Can you park pretty close to the starting line and still be around the parade? My wife has some serious health issues and can't walk far.
    Oh yeah. Of course they don't let cars park on the parade route - but on the streets adjacent to it there's plenty. However, you better go extra early. This parade gets packed due to solely the water section of the parade.

The 5k run and parade route are almost the same. Here's the parade route map. There's numerous places to go and stay and watch both without ever moving your location.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

The Freedom Run in Provo is a great race. I will be running, or the better word is "operating" one or two of the water stations. Here is the link.

http://www.freedomfestival.org/events/freedom-run/

Sorry for not catching this thread sooner.
    Life is Good

Hey, thanks. I'm actually running in the Magna race it seems, provided I can get over this chest cold.