Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quandry 5/28/11

Quandry 5/28/11

After doing knotted rope the day before we were expecting alot of cold water in quandry. Wetsuits were not required even though we put them on thinking there would be more water.

We (me, chabidiah, Chungy22, tntrebel, red, boots, and my other little bro) started quandry by setting up a rappel off a horn at the first 12ft drop. To anchor we used an omnisling. It worked perfectly! We bypassed a dryfall then made it to a few potholes that had water in them ending in a little rappel. We bypassed the next dryfall and made our way to the next rap/downclimb. We set up a rappel and the first couple guys in had to swim about 15 ft. The water was cold so we all got our wetsuits on. While we were suiting up a couple of guys caught up to us. We all made it down and made our way down canyon easily and found the fork leading to the direct route. The two guys we met were cool and one of them wanted to go with us while his partner did the indirect route. So they split up here and one came with us.
    We used the sand trap on the first short rappel into the direct route. It pulled easily and worked awesome! I am sold that it is the newest required tool for canyoneers.
    We made it through the rest of the canyon with only knee deep water.
    We used potshots, dead-mans, meat, and boosting to navigate the keeper section potholes and rappels. We didn't run into any obstacles that were not quickly figured out.
    After we got through the keeper section we kept high and left and made our way down canyon to the dry riverbed leading to ramp canyon.
    the hike up the dry river bed was long and hot. Once we found our way into ramp we got to the bottom of a dryfall.
    We backed up a little and found a cairn on the right (luc) and so we walked up the right side ramp and came to a spot that required a rap down into the canyon or hiking back down in and going up the left (correct) side. We found some webbing already in place and decided to just rappel instead of going back down and around. We made it up the ramp with some belays and help for some. We got a little sidetracked after we made it to the last section of narrows after the climb in ramp. A couple of guys in the group started up the steapish ramp on the left (luc). It was found decided that was the wrong way and we found our way into the slot and the easy walk to the road.
    We had dutch oven pot roast waiting for us back at camp thanks to my mom, sister, and chungy's wife. It was delicious!

I don't have any pictures so hopefully the other guys post theirs up.
    The man thong is wrong.

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And also I don't want anyone to worry. No scouts were present during this outing!
    The man thong is wrong.

We did Quandary the week after this. It was awesome, and it sounds like we got through the keepers about the same way.
    --Cliff

Ya, it is now my favorite canyon. If only the slog out to ramp wasnt so long. I couldn't believe how dry it was compared to Knotted rope. The two canyons were in totally different conditions once you got to the keepers. Oh also my brother in law left his Ibis hook in one of the potholes if anyone finds it please PM me or him (chabidiah)
    The man thong is wrong.

In the 5th picture there is a guy named Jeff (?). He joined up with us early on and went the whole way with us. Speak up if you're here Jeff.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    You guys look like a bunch of homos. Looks like you had a good time. Wish I could have made this one.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    You guys look like a bunch of homos.
    Junior High, this is????

C'mon Nelson. At least PRETEND that you're an adult.

Didn't you hear him Tom?

You guys look like a bunch of homos. Wish I could have made this one.
    Whether we are or not is irrelevant. The fact is he wanted to join a bunch of, what he perceives, homos.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Junior High, this is????

C'mon Nelson. At least PRETEND that you're an adult.

Nelson

Tom is so right about this. If you would simply drop the mo and refer to your friends as hos (i.e. anyone who dehumanizes themselves by selling their soul to others.) you would sound so much more collegiate.

Redpb-nice photos. We're planning on doing the Quandry in the fall.

Ken

Yup that was Jeff that went with you I am the guy who went around, still kicking myself for that choice ... He was pretty impressed with Spiderman's moves around the pot holes and had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyfeet View Post
    Yup that was Jeff that went with you I am the guy who went around, still kicking myself for that choice ... He was pretty impressed with Spiderman's moves around the pot holes and had a great time.
    Wah? Spidey was on that trip? What????

T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Wah? Spidey was on that trip? What????

T
    He was referring to Chabidiah. The kids got skillz. He is to humble to admit it though.
    The man thong is wrong.

16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    You guys look like a bunch of homos. Looks like you had a good time. Wish I could have made this one.
    XBOX Live type chat on Bogley will get you a tongue lashing! Don't be jealous that you were too lazy to come down it was probably funner without you anyway!
    The man thong is wrong.

18. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Jaxx, Jeff is going to post a great video of him after work hours Is Spidey Ok to be known to the world yet?

What's up my brothers! It's Jeff, I tried to find you guys on Facebook, but it wasn't working out. I found Chad's wife blog though. I'll upload some videos. I don't think I took any pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    XBOX Live type chat on Bogley will get you a tongue lashing! Don't be jealous that you were too lazy to come down it was probably funner without you anyway!
    It was definitely better without having the "wet blanket" there haha. Nelson = Buzzkill :p
    Apparently, shouting "remix" when someone with a stutter talks is frowned upon.

Spiderman in Quandary.

I can see how he did this after watching it a dozen times, but I'm still pretty sure I couldn't do it myself. Chad won't be able to downplay his skills after this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWphD0myInU

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    That's pretty good. The lad's got moves.

But... you have obviously not seen the REAL Spidey at work, in the canyons.

http://www.danransom.com/TripReports/?p=266

Tom

That was pretty cool. I wish I had more video of my Spidey showing what he can do. I think we would be taking votes on who's better...