Thread: The Three Crosses

The Three Crosses

This trip report is not about a hard core mountaineering expedition up an extreme mountain wall. It is the story of a three-year old child who climbed Cross Mountain with his dad.

On May 14, I was preparing to climb Cross Mountain. My son Kessler wanted to go. About four or five days a week, we climb a small hill near our house known locally as Sand Rocks Mountain. The trail starts about 100 feet from our home in Craig. I had let Kessler know that Cross Mountain was much bigger, but he still wanted to go anyway. We drove out to the trailhead passing many antelope herds along the way. The road was dry to the South Cross Mountain Trailhead, which was a welcome relief to me, since the week before the road was a messy quagmire.

The trail was easier than expected, and we found ourselves on the south summit of the mountain and looking down into a spectacular gorge. The river was far below a 1200 foot cliff, but Kessler said he wanted to go down to it. We obviously couldn
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement