Thread: Trail improvements around Tibble Fork in AF canyon

Trail improvements around Tibble Fork in AF canyon

Not sure what forum to put this in since it covers outdoor users in general.

So I had been looking for a way to do my part to take care of AF canyon where I spend alot of time and thought it would be great if the boys in our troop helped.

Well, none of the boys came to help, but I had a great time anyways helping shape the 1st switchback up from the dam.

It was a great weather day and our group was a great group of people who were horse, mtn bike, and motor bike, users of the canyon, while I spend most of my time on foot.

Well anyways thanks to Tallsteve here on Bogley for the heads up on this opportunity.

A nickel to the first person who can pick TallSteve out of the 1st picture!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for helping, Jon. I especially look tall standing next to moto-rider Chris! The reroute got rid of the nasty s-turn switchbacks that were impossible to ride up. The new section still has some switchbacks, but they are well thought out and will still be fun to ride. Plus, the reroute added a couple hundred yards to the trail. Anytime you can add distance, while maintaining the fun factor, is a good thing in my book.
    Are we there yet?

I still for the life of me cant figure out the wooden structure at the turn!!!! I tried to jam some rocks behind it to hold the dirt behind them, but they didnt like them and took them out. It would have allowed that wooden thing to actually hold some dirt. Who knows, maybe they are taking that thing out in the future as it seems poorly designed....

A couple of the Rangers I worked with couldn't quite explain them either. I'll ask Ranger Cheryl tomorrow when I see her. She wasn't there that day but will know the answer.
    Are we there yet?

That is awesome! Good work!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5