Thread: GoPro 3D Hero Expansion Kit

GoPro 3D Hero Expansion Kit

Well, looks like it's officially here. Youtube has 3D mode built in too, it seems like there's nothing stopping 3D helmetcam footage from getting huge now.

So here's the kit, it basically includes everything BUT the 2 GoPro cameras, but it has all of the hardware to place them together and sync up for 3D filming:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004M18816

$99 too which isn't bad at all, after you've bought two "naked" cameras.

Name:  3D_Camera_01_s115.&#.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  63.0 KB

Here's a sweet demo video. Click the link to view the merged footage to 3D mode, toggle it on and off at the bottom of the player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDQ3r...o%203d%20video

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

But the coolest thing about the GoPro was it's small size.... and this pretty much trashes that.

I don't have the glasses :(

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    But the coolest thing about the GoPro was it's small size.... and this pretty much trashes that.
    Yeah, probably won't be ideal for helmet mount because of the weight up there now, but it would be good for the other mounted positions.

You'll notice the pole mount is being used a lot, basically mounted to a trekking pole or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    but it would be good for the other mounted positions.
    I assume you are talking about the headboard mount.

Well, it is a wide angle lens.

Hey honey, does this GoPro make my .... look bigger and wider?

I've been looking at this one for a few weeks now, and i just can't bring myself to the commitment. Good Hell, the one camera by itself is like having a second job!!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

IN 3D!!! how cool is that?
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

It's like I REALLY am catching an STD!

Go Pro is a cool camera, but I like the features much better on my Contour HD. My friend Mike is always having issues with his Go Pro.

Two cameras? That is just getting ridiculous. For 3D? This 3D thing is getting out of hand.

I haven't had a single issue with my GoPro yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I haven't had a single issue with my GoPro yet.
    I always get from my friends who are using the Go Pro is that they are not for sure if it is filming. Always seems like they miss getting good footage with theirs. Maybe not smart enough for the camera? Who knows. All I know is that one season down and I am sold for sure on my Contour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    I always get from my friends who are using the Go Pro is that they are not for sure if it is filming. Always seems like they miss getting good footage with theirs.
    Maybe you should mention to them that there is a big RED light on the front when its filming. It's pretty hard to miss.... The GoPro also beeps once when you start filming and 3 times when you stop.... I'm really not sure how you can miss a shot with all that happening but I'm sure manage to do it.

I'm also thinking you would need a really strong computer to do much editing of 3D. My work computer is pretty much the best graphics computer money can buy and doing some things in an editing session can bring that bad boy to its knees. If 3D doubles the work load in an editing session most folks are going to be in trouble.

I'm also thinking you would need a really strong computer to do much editing of 3D. My work computer is pretty much the best graphics computer money can buy and doing some things in an editing session can bring that bad boy to its knees. If 3D doubles the work load in an editing session most folks are going to be in trouble.

Yeah, curious as to how the editing process goes, but I'll bet it's two separate pieces of footage, then just something that syncs them up on the same frame. Who knows, maybe YouTube will make it easy to upload the two films and then work it's magic to sync them.

Maybe you should mention to them that there is a big RED light on the front when its filming. It's pretty hard to miss.... The GoPro also beeps once when you start filming and 3 times when you stop.... I'm really not sure how you can miss a shot with all that happening but I'm sure manage to do it.
    Yeah, that is why I mentioned maybe not smart enough for the camera. I know with all the tree riding I do, I would loose a Go Pro in a heart beat. #1 camera thief at Snowbird, the dubious tree branch thievery.

This is why I went with the Contour HD. I love it. Trees keep your grubby branches to yourselves.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum