Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Uinta Access, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by brookiekiller View Post
    This weekend I went from Spirit Lake into Island Lake of the Burnt Fork. There was a little snow lingering at Island, but not much - every meadow was a swamp. The bugs are AWFUL. The fishing is good and the trail was in decent, but swampy shape. Had a good time overall, just wish the bugs were not so bad - I think I came out of the hills a few quarts low.
    I too just got back from the Spirit Lake area. We hiked past Tamarack Lake, and camped near Fish Lake. Tamarack had nice sized fish, while Fish lake had nothing at all. I didn't see a single fish jump at Fish Lake. We hiked up around to Burnt Fork Lake and the small Lake above that probably called Upper Burnt Fork, but I'm not sure. Both Lakes had a lot of small to medium trout. We also fished a few of the near by rivers with a fair amount of success just using any gold spinner. We didn't run into any snow, but the ground was quite wet all over due to rain. There is lots of mud, but still completely doable. The mozzies were the worst. I came home soaked to the bone in 100% deet. I also had a mosquito net for my head and had it on for most of the trip. Other than that, the trip was a great success and I would still do it again even knowing the conditions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just took a group up to Brown Duck Basin from Moon Lake. It's all dry and basically classic mid-summer Uintas conditions. Here's the trip TR: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...802#post465802

Has anyone been up over Rocky Sea Pass out to Lightening Lake and Ouray Lake? I am taking a group of scouts there the second week of August, and I'm hoping the snow will be gone by then.

Quote Originally Posted by rcrockett View Post
    Has anyone been up over Rocky Sea Pass out to Lightening Lake and Ouray Lake? I am taking a group of scouts there the second week of August, and I'm hoping the snow will be gone by then.
    i did spread eagle peak last week, and it was completely clear, minus some insignificant patches way lower in the trees. by 2nd week of august, i'd be astonished if there was any snow on rocky sea, looked fine even last weekend. you'll be fine.

Pretty soon we get to revive this thread...... I know this post is premature but I am already trying to plan out my summer.

Lets hope the snow melts faster this year, I want to hike like crazy if this is going to be the last year I will ever get to.... Stupid Mayans, could have waited a few more years ha ha.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt