Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June Trip Report Contest - Win $50 and Bogley Gear

June Trip Report Contest - Win $50 and Bogley Gear

Congrats to last month's winner @nielether for the May Trip Report Contest:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...rt-and-sticker and he will also be unable to participate in this month's contest.

This month's contest is fairly simple in concept, whomever posts the most Trip Reports in June wins. No spamming or campaigning for replies, views, or Likes is needed.

"What can I post a Trip Report on?"

• If you have a weekend with multiple trails/canyons/rivers... you can post a Trip Report for EACH one. For example if I go to Goblin Valley and also hit Little Wild Horse Canyon, I can post a separate TR for Goblin Valley, and another for LWH Canyon, and another for Wild Horse Window - as long as each TR meets the requirements*
    • The Trip could have happened at ANY TIME in the past, anywhere in the world, but POSTED this month. So dig up those old photos, throw them in the scanner and post them up.
    • Fishing trip, River run, Family outing on the trail, each individual canyon, geocaching skirmish, scenic road trip, photo album in the Dark Room... just to give some examples.

*Our definition of a Trip Report is the same as last month:

• Be started within the current contest month. (does not need to have "happened" this month)
    • Have the Trip Report prefix --- http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-and-Filtering
    • Contain at least 1 paragraph description - @4 lines.
    • Contain at least 5 photos and/or a video. Slideshows fulfill this requirement as well.
    • The full report must be posted on Bogley and not link out to another site.
    • An "Album" in the Dark Room that meets these requirements will also be eligible.

The contest closes Thursday June 30th at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time (or -7:00 GST)

To ENTER this contest, please reply to this thread, saying anything, before the deadline. This will make it easy for us to click the "My Trip Reports" link under your avatar and take a quick peek at your entries.

Name:  Capture..PNG
Views: 546
Size:  38.2 KB

Good luck!

EDIT: Another easy tip if you've posted Trip Reports elsewhere and would like to quickly copy and paste them.... do just that! Try copying and pasting the text AND images, most of the time the photos will paste into the post easily without extra upload steps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I might have a shot this month :)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ View Post

True dat. Hey, I notice you continue a lot of your trip weekends in one thread. For this contest I would suggest splitting each location up into it's own report, different threads, if it is indeed a different location each time.

Also, if any of you who have posted a Trip Report this month that includes several trails/canyons that could each qualify as having their own Trip Report, let me know and I'll gladly split those for you.

OK, I'll enter.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    OK, I'll enter.

Lotsa Trip Reports rolling in, awesome.

I'll enter. Kind of fun looking back at past years trips hiking and backpacking.

I'll enter this one knowing beforehand that I have no chance at all of winning!

http://www.bogley.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=v BForum_Post&prefixchoice[]=Trip_Report&userid=17665

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    OK, I'll enter.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=v BForum_Post&prefixchoice[]=Trip_Report&userid=213

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    I'll enter. Kind of fun looking back at past years trips hiking and backpacking.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=v BForum_Post&prefixchoice[]=Trip_Report&userid=18520

Quote Originally Posted by uintahiker View Post
    I'll enter this one knowing beforehand that I have no chance at all of winning!
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&starteronly=1&contenttype=v BForum_Post&prefixchoice[]=Trip_Report&userid=17877

Here's a quick way to take a count. We've got a great number of Trip Reports rolling in. Scan some more of those old photos and throw them on.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    so what's july's contest

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    so what's july's contest
    Not sure yet, but this month's contest has been awesome so far. The number of Trip Reports being posted is incredible. I just click the Trip Reports link in the top NavBar, then All Latest Trip Reports, and it's nice to see them all rolling in.

Keep it up guys

Blog Entries
    I think Scott Patterson really, really wants to win this month. He's posted ton! ;)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'm in - not to win for sure, but to finally share a few reports

I have counted 86 Trip Reports so far this month!

Quote Originally Posted by pigburner View Post
    I'm in - not to win for sure, but to finally share a few reports
    Hey, not too shabby with 7 Trip Reports already

Awesome.

I really love this month's contest. I think the community is totally digging all of the sweet content being posted.

I'm debating whether I want to dig into my pre-Bogley archives this month and try for the win....my photos from those days suck ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Aw just go for it Randy, if anything it will show your amazing progress as a photographer.

Interesting concept. So that day my brother and I spent in Moab and biked one trail, hiked another, then took the Jeep out on a third could be three seperate trip reports? I'm still short on post count to start posting reports with pics here IIRC.

Edit: < #5 might just be enough...

I'm debating whether I want to dig into my pre-Bogley archives this month and try for the win....my photos from those days suck ;)
    Well Randy, Scott P just left for Alaska. You might be able to come in like a thief in the night.