Thread: Exploring the Lecleed Narrows-a great trip

Exploring the Lecleed Narrows-a great trip

Introduction

This is the story of a trip through the mysterious Lecleed Narrows in the Henry Mountains and Robbers Roost areas of Utah. Trip participants were my wife Kimberly, my nine year old son Kessler and my seven year old daughter Shaylee.

A certain mystique surrounds the Henry Mountains and Robbers Roost area, so it
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice, Scott! I'd never heard of this place before, and it looks like there's a lot to see around there. Putting this one on my "investigate further" list.
    Blog | FB

That's great. Getting them started early in those class C canyons!

Just curious... where did the name "Lecleed Narrows" come from?

I've heard them referred to as "Crescent Creek" which is the name of the stream, and "Conundrum" which MK calls a silly canyoneer name....

FYI: here is the route description for anyone interesed:

Lecleed Narrows

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I've heard them referred to as "Crescent Creek" which is the name of the stream...
    Ahh, that's why I'd never heard of it before. The dam looked familiar, but the name threw me off. Thanks, Shane.
    Blog | FB

that dam is awesome, I can't believe something like that has lasted that long.

is there still gold in the area?

awesome pictures btw
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Just curious... where did the name "Lecleed Narrows" come from?

The name is in Kelsey's Robbers Roost book (see pg 163) because it starts at Lecleed Spring.

is there still gold in the area?
    As far as I know, there has never been a big gold strike in the area.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The name is in Kelsey's Robbers Roost book (see pg 163) because it starts at Lecleed Spring.
    Which edition? my MK book has info on the Wild Bunch on page 163. (Mine is the revised edition 1990)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    June 2009 version:
    I found my 3rd edition, one of these days I'm actually going to organize all my books.

Awesome report! Thanks for sharing!

Cool report. I enjoyed the read. I actually walked right by this canyon on my long hike -- didn't even know it was there. Not that I would have been prepared to get down it. But, I did enjoy checking out the old miner stuff at the bottom. Good to read more about it.

I can't believe how much snow is gone from the Henrys compared to two weeks ago! Makes sense, but it's just a shock to see.

- Jamal

PS -- kudos to that family of adventurers you have!

Awesome stuff. That area around the Henry's intrigues me.

The Henry's are on the list. Been looking at them very seriously since last year. Looks like it was a fun trip. Kids look like they are troopers.

Any suggestions for reads or information on the Henry's? I have only seen one serious book on them, and it was a history of the area, not really a guide to exploring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    Any suggestions for reads or information on the Henry's? I have only seen one serious book on them, and it was a history of the area, not really a guide to exploring them.
    Kelsey has one that has some good information on hiking the area, here's a link: Hiking & Exploring Utah's Henry Mountains and Robbers Roost.