Thread: canyoneering partner in september

canyoneering partner in september

hi,

i'll be traveling to colorado, utah and california in september/ october. after watching some of your canyoneering videos and reading your trip reports i would totally love to try this out myself. since it's not a smart idea to undergo such an adventure on your own i wonder if anyone in the bogley community would be interested to impress a girl from austria with their canyoneering skills and take me out on a trip ?
    as i want to climb in joshua tree NP i'll be carrying some climbing equipment with me, i do have some experience in climbing (i climb 5.10a to 5.10c in lead, depending on the wall, my courage and motivation), but only have been canyoneering once.
    if anybody is willing to take me along i'd be happy to hear from that brave adventurer

cheers
    leese

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asuguo View Post
    hi,

i'll be traveling to colorado, utah and california in september/ october. after watching some of your canyoneering videos and reading your trip reports i would totally love to try this out myself. since it's not a smart idea to undergo such an adventure on your own i wonder if anyone in the bogley community would be interested to impress a girl from austria with their canyoneering skills and take me out on a trip ?
    as i want to climb in joshua tree NP i'll be carrying some climbing equipment with me, i do have some experience in climbing (i climb 5.10a to 5.10c in lead, depending on the wall, my courage and motivation), but only have been canyoneering once.
    if anybody is willing to take me along i'd be happy to hear from that brave adventurer

cheers
    leese
    Welcome Leese -

I am based in Zion National Park, and would be happy to host you for a day or two or three, and might be able to set you up with more partners here in Zion. September is very hot for Joshua Tree, so I think you will be ending your trip there. Email me at CanyoneeringUSA at gmail dot com when you start thinking about a schedule. Do you have climbing partners? I might be able to connect you with some people there too.

Tom

What if she wasn't a chick Tom?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    What if she wasn't a chick Tom?
    No doubt it helps, but being a FOREIGNER ... I play host to foreigners:

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave/1006for/index.htm

Tom

hi tom, thanks for your reply !
    for now i only know that my plane is leaving for denver on the 20th of september. then i'll get my car (hopefully) and head out west. i'll definitely go to zion and would be more than happy to go on a trip with you. oh, and thanks for the link, seems like an informative, cool site ... i just need to take some more time to look it all through. (been out all night yesterday and still don't have to focus to do anything useful )
    i travel alone, so a hook up with a climbing partner wouldn't be too bad either.
    my main idea was to bike as much as possible, but there are soooooo many other cool things to do, that i decided to take my harness and climbing gear with me as well and add joshua tree and maybe some canyoneering and ......
    i'll definitely send you an email .... would be great to meet you out there !
    cheers
    leese